1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Colt 1911 Government
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
When did these cities exit Fulton county?
It took 10 years to get the State Legislature to change the law so that we could leave Fulton County. The law was changed, and we voted immediately to incorporate in December, 2005.

Other north Fulton cities followed our lead.

and your PD carries G21s:)...last I heard
I see them at the Sandy Springs Gun Club range, but I couldn't tell you what model is what.

·
Colt 1911 Government
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I liked my apartment in Sandy springs but hated the day to day traffic.
It's just a reality here that the traffic is bad. I usually leave around 6:00 am to beat the traffic (I'm a morning person).

They just added the North American Hdq's of Mercedes-Benz which is just down the road of the Global Hdq's of UPS. We have three major hospitals in the area.

·
Registered
41 Posts
True, I got a job offer at the MB HQ and it would have been nice to be that close had I taken it. My commute in from Flowery Branch to Atlanta is pretty awful too but at least when I am home in the evenings and on weekends it is more laid back. The traffic is inevitable one way or another unfortunately. I'm like you though I leave the house at 5am to beat as much as possible. The peach pass lane helps too.

·
Registered
163 Posts
We live in VA, but two years ago we bought house in Brookhaven, off Peachtree, wife wanted Alpharetta where we lived for 14 years. However, no way in the world would I ever live or commute from outside perimeter....been there, done that, never again.....

·
Registered
41 Posts
I was actually up in VA before coming back home to GA and I miss being able to take the VRE to work each morning. Got to relax and take a nap or do some reading without stressing about traffic. Hoping to move back up there next year.

·
Colt 1911 Government
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes, it's a great place.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I've never been there. I take it you live out there? I go to the outdoor range "Wilson shoals" in banks county

·
Colt 1911 Government
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
A guy that owns two other ranges (one in Athens) bought it from the two women that owned it when the fire started.

I joined ($30/month) the day it opened and saw guys that I knew from the previous ownership. The new owner is much better and has ammo contracts from ammo manufacturers. They must deliver X amount of ammo each month.

The ammo is more expensive these days (price lumber), but I do buy it occasionally so as not to get my inventory too low.

They do a brisk business in selling to new gun owners. They get MSRP.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts