1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Chambers Custom Owners Club
2,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive always thought that the media the media blast on Browns SS 1911's was more elegant than any of the others I have seen, at least for a matte blast finish.

I have blasted with Aluxoglass, AO, Glass Bead... all in many different grits. I can not seem to find an exact match. I know air pressure, distance you hold your media gun from parts, and a few other things play a part in this...

Just looking to see if anyone here had an idea of what they use? I have a SS pistol I would like to re-blast and would like to get it as close to the satin SS look that EB uses as possible!

Thanks in advance

·
Get off my lawn...
15,989 Posts
Not positive, but probably plastic media, at low pressure. I do not believe they charge much to re-blast your pistol. You'll probably spend more in freight (to and from) than the actual process.

Give Justin a call.

·
Chambers Custom Owners Club
2,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not positive, but probably plastic media, at low pressure. I do not believe they charge much to re-blast your pistol. You'll probably spend more in freight (to and from) than the actual process.

Give Justin a call.
Yeah, they charge nearly nothing to do it. I think $100 bucks... in saying that media (esp glass) runs me 30 bucks a bag. I am already set up for refinishing etc so I would like to just have it for my own stuff or others.

I have talked to Justin a few times, they will not tell you what it is.

Reactions: 41 Charlie
1 - 7 of 7 Posts