1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
View attachment 438221 So after 6 years of ownership, I’m starting to make this more lovable to me. Bobtailed some old standard thickness grips I had laying around. Then changed out the sights to a 10-8 U-notch and a brass bead front. If I like the brass, I’ll replace with gold someday. Also went with a taller post to change POI. It shot about 6” high at 10 yards. Now I just need to get to the range a dial it in.

·
I'm a terminal 1911 Addict!
5,051 Posts
Love the changes you’ve made. Love the Leather too!
I’m down to the one Guardian I’ve been carrying for 5 years.
I’ve been thinking of doing the same thing.
Looks like I need to order some sights.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Love the changes you’ve made.
I’m down to the one Guardian I’ve been carrying for 5 years.
I’ve been thinking of doing the same thing.
Looks like I need to order some sights.
38superb I presume?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Nice sight choice, love the grips. I just got my guardian back from DW last week, had new front installed for POA/POI correction and had them install ledge rear that comes on other models. Fixed the POA issue but now have ejection issues... gonna try to tune myself after some youtube University classes really don't wanna wait 6 weeks to get it back from DW if I can help it...

·
5,051 Posts

·
i'm riding a turtle!
3,198 Posts
Nice guardian Sean. I have heard that some of them have POI issues and need sights changed.My three have all been to Lou Biondo for work and he’s made sure the sights are proper height.

·
5,051 Posts

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Nicely done
Get when you can make it your own.
One of my favorite sayings is.
"Rebuild what you have: into what you want!"

·
Get off my lawn...
14,802 Posts
View attachment 438221 So after 6 years of ownership, I’m starting to make this more lovable to me. Bobtailed some old standard thickness grips I had laying around. Then changed out the sights to a 10-8 U-notch and a brass bead front. If I like the brass, I’ll replace with gold someday. Also went with a taller post to change POI. It shot about 6” high at 10 yards. Now I just need to get to the range a dial it in.
Looks sweet! Love the deep dark (rich) wood grips!

Please do not judge the properties of gold, with brass. Just saying, you won’t like the brass bead. Brass has no where near the reflective qualities of 14 kt gold.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Looks sweet! Love the deep dark (rich) wood grips!

Please do not judge the properties of gold, with brass. Just saying, you won’t like the brass bead. Brass has no where near the reflective qualities of 14 kt gold.
Oh yes I know the brass will tarnish. This is mostly a test run. After my range trip on Sunday morning I can report she shoots POA now. How refreshing. When money permits I think I will change over to gold bead on this and my Baer as well.

·
Get off my lawn...
14,802 Posts
Oh yes I know the brass will tarnish. This is mostly a test run. After my range trip on Sunday morning I can report she shoots POA now. How refreshing. When money permits I think I will change over to gold bead on this and my Baer as well.
You will be so glad you did! A gold bead front, and notched rear sight is my combo of choice. The gold picks up light from all angles.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts