·
Registered
3,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
3,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Another addict that is interested in the 1918 turnbull, said he saw it also listed on GB .
I went off when he shared that with me.
These scammer scumbags need a good butt stroke with a M1 Garand or maybe a Louisville slugger!

Really glad for the group here on "addicts" looking out for each other!!
Thanks to all
Neil

·
Registered
828 Posts
Wonder if he’ll sell it to me for less? 😂

Im evil. Sorry I couldn’t help myself.
Scammers do suck.

·
Vendor
Follow me on Instagram for upcoming for sale items, keyword TexasPatriotArms
1,325 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,851 Posts
Why not contact MN police for fraud report?

Reactions: Uncle Bob

·
Premium Member
848 Posts
Had the same thing happen to me. They used the photos I had posted here from my sale ad. I also contacted GB, but they never got back to me.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Auction is now “ended.”

I almost got burned on a Dan Wesson about a month ago. The seller and three or four others (who were building up his feedback) eventually all got kicked off the site. I think one buyer may have lost a lot of money.

·
Registered
3,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well at least it is closed.
Don't know if our notes to GB or the scammer. Got it closed, thanks for the support y'all. Neil

Reactions: colrhino

·
Registered
99 Posts
Great catch. I hope they can ban that person and prevent his/her return under another identity. Likewise any clones who helped establish that persons small measure of feedback. (I wonder if the fake seller hijacked that account name, like mentioned by gun_fan111, since it was registered in 2009 but had low activity).

I've purchased guns on Gunbroker, including two DW 1911's from TwoGunJay, who apparently is no longer selling guns on that site. Those purchases went well. One thing to always check is the seller's ratings, and there should be a lot of them -- it would be dumb to buy from any seller who has low numbers and appears to be new on the site. And you should ask the seller to send a picture of the specific gun -- some listings only have stock photos -- and engage in direct communications before sending any money... but there is still risk.

Does buying with a credit card provide any recourse if scammed? (Can the sale be cancelled and your money returned?). Does buying with a USPS money order make it easier to get law enforcement (Federal) involved if a sale goes bad?

On the other hand, Gun Broker provides 1) a sense of what going prices are; and 2) a chance to find specific models and features on guns that a LGS is not likely to be able to access.

Gunbroker recently was sold to Ammo, Inc. See https://www.yahoo.com/now/ammo-inc-announces-closing-acquisition-120000530.html I don't know if this is good or bad... but my spidey sense tells me that everyone should continue to be very careful...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts