1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been licensed to carry for about forty years now and I've been a competitive shooter for longer and an instructor for almost as long. However, I was intrigued when an ad popped up on Facebook from USConcealedOnline.com offering me a "Concealed Carry Certificate" so I clicked on it.

After answering a few questions I'm told "Congratulations! You qualify for Concealed Carry Permit Certification! Carry in over 70% of the United States." Wow, really? How does that work. Well, there's a half hour video followed by a quiz. I didn't watch the video. I went straight to the quiz.

Here's the quiz.
  • Question 1: The Foundational Rules of Firearm safety are: MultiChoice
  • Question 2: Your Firearm should always be stored so it is not accessible by any unauthorized person. T/F
  • Question 3: To decock a pistol safely and easily you should: MultiChoice
  • Question 4: You should never handle a firearm while under the influence of drugs or alcohol. T/F
  • Question 5: The three most common malfunctions of a cartridge are a Misfire a Hangfire and a Squib Load? T/F
  • Question 6: The two main causes of firearm accidents are Ignorance & _____________? MultiChoice
  • Question 7: The Five Fundamentals of Shooting are Aiming, Breath Control, Hold Control, Trigger Control, and Follow Through. MultiChoice
  • Question 8: Proper grip and Stance have nothing to do with accuracy when firing a pistol. MultiChoice
  • Question 9: Before cleaning your firearm you must be sure it is unloaded? T/F
  • Question 10: Firearms should always be disassembled for cleaning: MultiChoice
Of course I passed (5 out of 10 required) and was told that I can download my certificate. The low discounted price for this magical document? $65. I can get them to send me a printed copy for an extra $9 ($1.99 S&H) and for $24.50, I can get "My Official Concealed Carry Certified Holster".

I wonder how many people fall for this. In the states that require training for a carry license, I can imagine the cops laughing when a gullible doofus shows up with one of these.

I'm reminded of the "Get your FFL kits" that I used to see advertised in Shotgun News.

·
Deo Volente
7,114 Posts
I've been licensed to carry for about forty years now and I've been a competitive shooter for longer and an instructor for almost as long. However, I was intrigued when an ad popped up on Facebook from USConcealedOnline.com offering me a "Concealed Carry Certificate" so I clicked on it.

After answering a few questions I'm told "Congratulations! You qualify for Concealed Carry Permit Certification! Carry in over 70% of the United States." Wow, really? How does that work. Well, there's a half hour video followed by a quiz. I didn't watch the video. I went straight to the quiz.

Here's the quiz.
  • Question 1: The Foundational Rules of Firearm safety are: MultiChoice
  • Question 2: Your Firearm should always be stored so it is not accessible by any unauthorized person. T/F
  • Question 3: To decock a pistol safely and easily you should: MultiChoice
  • Question 4: You should never handle a firearm while under the influence of drugs or alcohol. T/F
  • Question 5: The three most common malfunctions of a cartridge are a Misfire a Hangfire and a Squib Load? T/F
  • Question 6: The two main causes of firearm accidents are Ignorance & _____________? MultiChoice
  • Question 7: The Five Fundamentals of Shooting are Aiming, Breath Control, Hold Control, Trigger Control, and Follow Through. MultiChoice
  • Question 8: Proper grip and Stance have nothing to do with accuracy when firing a pistol. MultiChoice
  • Question 9: Before cleaning your firearm you must be sure it is unloaded? T/F
  • Question 10: Firearms should always be disassembled for cleaning: MultiChoice
Of course I passed (5 out of 10 required) and was told that I can download my certificate. The low discounted price for this magical document? $65. I can get them to send me a printed copy for an extra $9 ($1.99 S&H) and for $24.50, I can get "My Official Concealed Carry Certified Holster".

I wonder how many people fall for this. In the states that require training for a carry license, I can imagine the cops laughing when a gullible doofus shows up with one of these.

I'm reminded of the "Get your FFL kits" that I used to see advertised in Shotgun News.
The scammers are everywhere! :eek::eek:.o::rolleyes::poop:

·
Womb? Weary? He rests. He has travelled.
4,980 Posts
I have five original Gutenberg Bibles with certificates of authenticity. I propose to mail one Bible in addition to one Certificate of Authenticity for the sum of only $50,000. Hurry, offer good only while supply lasts.

·
I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now
6,020 Posts
With my Arizona CCW I get 37 states or 74%.

No California, Connecticut, District of Columbia, Guam, Hawaii, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York, Oregon, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, Virgin Islands, Washington, American Samoa, N. Mariana Islands

·
Consider my signature line before replying . . . .
14,799 Posts
But, I mean, mine came with the CCW badge, wallet, and sash set . . . .

It even has a certificate of authenticity signed by Dr. Ignatius Piazza . . . . .

Screenshot_20200229-174559_Chrome.jpg

·
CEO of DILLIGAF industries
8,484 Posts
I have five original Gutenberg Bibles with certificates of authenticity. I propose to mail one Bible in addition to one Certificate of Authenticity for the sum of only $50,000. Hurry, offer good only while supply lasts.
I've got one autographed by Abraham Lincoln right before he was killed , original blood spatter on cover . honest .

·
Fun O' Meter on FULL
6,000 Posts
upload_2020-3-1_9-32-50.png

·
THE DOCTOR WILL SEE YOU......LATER
2,352 Posts
I actually own one of the badges and keep it in the holder with my permit. It may keep me from being lit up by some overzealous deputy until I can explain why I shot some nimrod trying to lighten my load at the ATM. I did not get it off a TV website at 3 AM along with the authentic gold plated Bernie Sanders "Zero" coins and invitation to a "literacy" camp. Sadly I missed out on the sash....Zoid must have got the last one.

·
Consider my signature line before replying . . . .
14,799 Posts
I actually own one of the badges and keep it in the holder with my permit. It may keep me from being lit up by some overzealous deputy until I can explain why I shot some nimrod trying to lighten my load at the ATM. I did not get it off a TV website at 3 AM along with the authentic gold plated Bernie Sanders "Zero" coins and invitation to a "literacy" camp. Sadly I missed out on the sash....Zoid must have got the last one.

It was a Dr. Ignatius Piazza / Front Sight Training exclusive. Only available to the first 10,000 subscribers through @tac45 's TTT Distributor arrangement.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Carry licenses are rare in Maryland and when I lived there I knew a guy who had one of those badges because it kept citizens from calling 911 for "man with a gun".
These days, I’d be leery of displaying any type of badge and being charged with “falsely impersonating a police officer.” This issue became a big deal after 9/11.

Also, a prosecutor would probably be sure to call attention of the “fake badge” and question defense motives.

The best thing I ever saw was a vest or flip sign that said, “CALL POLICE.” Which is exactly what I’d be screaming if I ever had to draw in self defense in a public place.

A worthwhile CCW Badge discussion here by USCCA:
https://community.usconcealedcarry.com/t/ccw-badge/1879/10

·
THE DOCTOR WILL SEE YOU......LATER
2,352 Posts
These days, I’d be leery of displaying any type of badge and being charged with “falsely impersonating a police officer.” This issue became a big deal after 9/11.

Also, a prosecutor would probably be sure to call attention of the “fake badge” and question defense motives.

The best thing I ever saw was a vest or flip sign that said, “CALL POLICE.” Which is exactly what I’d be screaming if I ever had to draw in self defense in a public place.

A worthwhile CCW Badge discussion here by USCCA:
https://community.usconcealedcarry.com/t/ccw-badge/1879/10
My plan was never to really brandish it, but to have it in case of a "Serpico Like" alley/parking lot situation. I would not be yelling "police officer" but simply "Officer Don't Shoot" while holding badge open and having placed my gun on ground. Hopefully I remember to do all of this. Might also be time to break out the Wet Wipes....though I have actually had to draw a weapon twice(in civilian life) and everything tunneled and slowed down to a surprising focus where my attention was pretty undivided. Not that I am a professional assassin......not by any stretch of anyone's imagination and I was actually surprised at the calmness. A little bit different than on active duty, which was lots more exciting and no badge required.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts