1911 Firearm Addicts banner
41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
I wonder if you could mitigate this by sending payment to the FFL the firearm is shipped from. Wouldn't take much on the part of the dealer. Check the gun in hand them the money order.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now
7,162 Posts
I wonder if you could mitigate this by sending payment to the FFL the firearm is shipped from. Wouldn't take much on the part of the dealer. Check the gun in hand them the money order.

What FFL wants to be in the middle of someone else's deal?? NONE

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
@Glock2740 : there's no way you could have known going into that transaction that it was going to blow up. Glad that you're going to -mostly- be made whole, and ended up finding what you were looking for anyway. I appreciate you - and the other folks - who have shared their horror stories. They always serve to remind me of the various and multiform ways crooks will try and steal.

For the longest time, I wouldn't do any firearms business online. Not just auction sites, but from anything online. If I couldn't do the transaction in person, whether buying or selling, it just didn't happen. That changed a couple of years ago, and so far I haven't been stung. That 629 auction would have got me, though.

I'm all for thieves having the 8th commandment branded on their foreheads.

·
Banned
128 Posts

Not possible, FFL's don't and won't involve in transactions.
I guess they don't want to be responsible if something goes wrong.

·
Registered
8,818 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
That sucks! I'm glad you are getting your money back, at least most of it. I can't understand how the scumbag is still walking jail free.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Sorry to hear you got burned. I was also taken when I bought a gun over the Internet. The seller requested a USPS Money Order. Luckily I bought the MO useing my Amex card. I told Amex it was a case of Internet fraud, and Amex returned all my money no hassle. If you do pay by a MO, I would suggest using your Amex card, saved my butt.
Are you sure it was a postal money order? I vaguely recall that they may have accepted credit cards for them years ago, but not within the last 10.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts