1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finalized a deal with Jonathan Simmons (Shotty Gun) on July 18. Sent PayPal. Had not received tracking number by July 21. Jonathan said he was "out of town", and would ship July 25, and send tracking number. No number as of today, and no further communication from Jonathan since the 25th. . Beware of any dealings with him. I was looking for a Glock 44, and went through our Wanted classifieds. I guess he was trolling, and saw my inquiry and emailed me. I was at work all week and weekend, and didn't check his history. So, my fault too. First time ever scammed by anyone connected with our Addicts forum. Just a little FYI. Bill

·
Registered
399 Posts
That's a bummer man. Thanks for the heads up.
WTB section got me on a Glock as well. Same deal, I let my guard down as I have had so many great dealings with great members here and I didn't do my homework. Sorry to hear that. There's a special place for those people.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Finalized a deal with Jonathan Simmons (Shotty Gun) on July 18. Sent PayPal. Had not received tracking number by July 21. Jonathan said he was "out of town", and would ship July 25, and send tracking number. No number as of today, and no further communication from Jonathan since the 25th. . Beware of any dealings with him. I was looking for a Glock 44, and went through our Wanted classifieds. I guess he was trolling, and saw my inquiry and emailed me. I was at work all week and weekend, and didn't check his history. So, my fault too. First time ever scammed by anyone connected with our Addicts forum. Just a little FYI. Bill
You ought to post every single detail you have of him... to paypal name, address, phone, etc.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
@Razer or @admin will or should remove his account if they havent already.
They usually ban known scammers but I haven't seen accounts removed such that there's no trace of them, if that's even possible; redhead, for instance, is banned but you can still search his posts.

We need more info on Jonathan Simmons/Shotty Gun...

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
They usually ban known scammers but I haven't seen accounts removed such that there's no trace of them, if that's even possible; redhead, for instance, is banned but you can still search his posts.
I can’t speak to the logistics and/or the dues or don’ts that they go by. I’m sure they will eventually stumble onto this and give first person testimony

·
Registered
333 Posts
If you used Paypal G&S or F&F (only if you used the linked credit card on your account) there is a way you might get refunded. I was part of a large Reddit Knife Swap scam and learned a lot on how PayPal works after i had funds taken from my account and eventually returned. It's a bit tricky here due to the purchase being a firearm but you could try to do a chargeback.

·
Administrator
2,658 Posts

You posted your personal email on a WTB thread which is a big no no, and were scammed by someone who is not even a member here. There is no member by the name Shotty Gun, or anything resembling that name.

The link below is pinned to the top of the WTB forum, did you do any vetting before sending your hard earned money to him?

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
You posted your personal email on a WTB thread which is a big no no, and were scammed by someone who is not even a member here. There is no member by the name Shotty Gun, or anything resembling that name.

The link below is pinned to the top of the WTB forum, did you do any vetting before sending your hard earned money to him?

Guess that sums this thread up lol.

1 - 20 of 111 Posts