·
Banned
3,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
268 Posts
Here is my latest find via the Wife...
What is the NRA trying to do? My Sheriffs Dpt. sent me an e-mail last week saying
while the times made for certin restrictions we needed. My CCW was safe & I was
not being prevented from carrying my Pistol. TNT & home made bombs etc. were.

https://townhall.com/columnists/bob...m-of-covid19-is-the-second-amendment-n2565667

What is happening around you?
Text - H.R.5717 - 116th Congress (2019-2020): Gun Violence Prevention and Community Safety Act of 2020 | Congress.gov | Library of Congress
https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th...r=1&s=1#toc-H36A589AE27064019B84A0DE2C04A3830

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
Governor Wolf in PA (where I live) issued a shutdown of all non-essential businesses, which initially included gun stores. However, he changed his mind about gun stores shortly after a very good 2A lawyer and some supreme court justices got involved. Gun stores and FFL's can now operate; however, they must be by appointment only and observe the same sanitary guidelines as other "essential" businesses that are being allowed to remain open. Seems fair to me.

Some of the PA sheriff offices are now closed, which means that new gun owners cannot obtain a license to carry. (You have to apply in person.) I don't think there is anything underhanded going on here. I think some sheriff offices are just having a hard time figuring out the logistics of providing these services while still mitigating the spread of COVID-19. FPC and GOA are watching this and putting pressure on them to find someway to enable citizens to get their carry licenses. (The simple solution is to embrace constitutional carry.)

·
I had lunch with Cheeto!
107 Posts
Don't worry, the police will protect us. I hear the police have a new motto now, "To protect the politicians we serve."
Are you really that ignorant?

·
I had lunch with Cheeto!
107 Posts
#miketx You are saying the cops should stop enforcing the law? Making a statement like you did above makes you sound like a troll, and or someone who has had problems with the law.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
#miketx You are saying the cops should stop enforcing the law? Making a statement like you did above makes you sound like a troll, and or someone who has had problems with the law.
I don’t think that what he’s saying at all. I interpret what he’s saying is that cops should stop enforcing unconstitutional orders, and I completely agree.

I’ll edit to add that if YOU don’t agree you’re part of the problem.

·
I had lunch with Cheeto!
107 Posts
I don’t think that what he’s saying at all. I interpret what he’s saying is that cops should stop enforcing unconstitutional orders, and I completely agree.
If y
I’ll edit to add that if YOU don’t agree you’re part of the problem.
You interpret that by his statement?
Lol

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Goodness! That's quite a leap there. So police aren't enforcing unconstitutional laws? Who knew? I guess I'm a troll! ;) What department do you work for officer?

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
I heard many places were releasing criminals from jail because of this virus. Maybe that's so they will have the room for all the citizens they arrest for simply trying to go to work so they can eat and pay bills. Who knows? Seems like the worst states for threatening this are blue states.

twilight zone.jpg

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Since this virus crap started, I’ve heard cops on two message boards and a group of local cops make comments about stealing from people they know have food/TP/etc when theirs runs out, and maybe they’re joking or maybe not, either way, it’s of poor taste and sets a bad example to the public by just saying it.
In my opinion, people even joking about stealing during crisis are showing what their true “character” is.

·
Avatar is back to my favorite things!
9,776 Posts
Since this virus crap started, I’ve heard cops on two message boards and a group of local cops make comments about stealing from people they know have food/TP/etc when theirs runs out, and maybe they’re joking or maybe not, either way, it’s of poor taste and sets a bad example to the public by just saying it.
In my opinion, people even joking about stealing during crisis are showing what their true “character” is.
Good point and these are the individuals we are supposed to rely on?!

I’ll take my chances and be responsible for myself and my family, thank you very much!

I hope this wakes people up to the liberal/democrats true agenda seeing how the one’s that supported and elected these people are the ones trying to buy guns and ammo!

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Here in Yavapai County Arizona and a couple of other counties have declared themselves second Amendment sanctuary counties, The Sheriffs have signed on with this and will not be enforcing unconstitutional and unlawful anti-gun laws. Sheriff Scott Masher Yavapai County Sheriff was one of the first in the country to declare this during the Obama administration. Scott Masher is a true American hero.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Here in Yavapai County Arizona and a couple of other counties have declared themselves second Amendment sanctuary counties, The Sheriffs have signed on with this and will not be enforcing unconstitutional and unlawful anti-gun laws. Sheriff Scott Masher Yavapai County Sheriff was one of the first in the country to declare this during the Obama administration. Scott Masher is a true American hero.
Our county too, here in Texas. Problem is in other areas all over the country it's open season on guns and gun owners. Particularly in the dem controlled states. Even here in Texas we have democrat sheriffs that are not backing up gun owners.

·
Premium Member
2,614 Posts
Our county too, here in Texas. Problem is in other areas all over the country it's open season on guns and gun owners. Particularly in the dem controlled states. Even here in Texas we have democrat sheriffs that are not backing up gun owners.
Which counties?

1 - 20 of 80 Posts