1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I had an SCG carry I sold to a buddy that was supposed to sell it back to me when I was ready to buy it back.....well that didn't quite work out as planned as he fell in love with it and really didn't want to sell it back last summer. Well it wasn't worth ruining a friendship over so I acquired another one.

Well got a call this morning that if I wanted it I could have it at the previously agreed upon price. It is back home with me plus I have a 2nd one.

The one just recovered is a 2011 model with the black grips built by CCS Smith #2 who was apparently J. Goddard.

The newer one came with the g10 or whatever grips they started using in 2012 I believe and was built by Matt Labounte who was CCS Smith #9, a former marine armorer, and among other things currently working with Dave at @EvolutionArmory . It has some @Gripwright stocks on it at the momment.

Both guns are fantastic and I really need to burn some more ammo through them

20210223_121230.jpg
20210223_121235.jpg
20210223_121239.jpg

·
Registered
652 Posts
Very nice. I, too, share a particular fondness for the Special Combat Government. Dave has noted that learning how to build them changed a lot of what he'd previously understood made for highly accurate, reliable 1911s. He appears to hold the SCG in special regard -- quite the compliment, given the masterpieces he builds today.

I believe, per Dave, that #9 is Greg Mozzotta, and #2 was Rich Stoddard.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Man, I’d love to have a SCG with Novaks; the carry model, I believe.

I don't care for the Adj. sighted ones. Not because of the pistol, but because of the way those rear sights look.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Man, I’d love to have a SCG with Novaks; the carry model, I believe.

I don't care for the Adj. sighted ones. Not because of the pistol, but because of the way those rear sights look.
Yeah back when they were running fairly cheap, I got almost a full set of scg competitions in 45 and 38 super....then realized how much more I liked the carry version and down the road they slowly went.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts