SCOTUS confirmation

Discussion in 'Open Mic' started by BR549er, Oct 6, 2018.

1. BR549er

BR549er Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2018
    Hon. Judge Kavanaugh was confirmed today, 50-48.

The entire spectacle should give us pause. There are many angles one can view this from. A couple friends of mine who vote left were absolutely disgusted with the tactics used by their team.

I offer the following link. Disclaimer: it's PJMedia. All the popups and weirdness are worth wading/suffering through IMO to read the content.

https://pjmedia.com/trending/when-every-boy-is-guilty-every-girl-becomes-a-monster/

ozy, xerts1191, Ronwiz and 5 others like this.
  2. Bender

Bender Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 15, 2011
    The Dems will be blowing up the news networks tonight.

They biOtch and complain, want a FBI investigation, then that isn’t good enough.
    Fawkin crooked bastages, and one troll woman.

KS95B40, UBOATDOC, Greg6640 and 7 others like this.

3. BR549er

Jul 6, 2018
    Blea-otch. Keeps their whites white in the wash.

Mike A likes this.
  4. Glock2740

Glock2740 1911 addict Staff Member Moderator

Aug 16, 2011
  5. azguy1911

azguy1911 I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now

Oct 22, 2015
    Long live our guns, imagine what would happen if Ginsberg (not wishing any ill will on her) dropped dead and Trump had a 3rd pick in his first term. It'd be holy hell for everyone.

salelcid, xerts1191, KS95B40 and 10 others like this.
  6. BR549er

Jul 6, 2018
    Not that long ago we were one vote away from losing the 2A.

KS95B40, UBOATDOC, boatdoc and 7 others like this.
  7. Bender

Aug 15, 2011
    The Demoncrapt melt down is going to be epic.....

What ever happened to Rosie, Whoopi and the others threatening to leave the country?
    I’m disappointed they never left.

8. Mike A

Mike A Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Mar 19, 2017
    A real + for freedom & our 2 Amendment right.
    Congrats to Hon. Judge Kavanaugh I hope & pray you
    & your wonderful Family will heal real soon. God Bless you.

9. Grizz

Grizz Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2016
    I think Kavanaugh is wishy washy middle of the road type and I dont trust him

10. BR549er

Jul 6, 2018
    George H.W. Bush appointed David Souter. RINO.
    From LeftiPedia:
    Appointed by President George H. W. Bush to fill the seat vacated by William J. Brennan, Jr., Souter sat on both the Rehnquist and Roberts courts and came to vote reliably with the court's liberal members during his tenure

Ronwiz and Mike A like this.
  11. BradE

BradE Active Member

Jun 19, 2018
    Kavanaugh wrote the sole dissenting opinion of the original hearing of Heller v. DC when it was argued in the DC circuit, in which the majority upheld the DC handgun ban. The position he laid out in that dissent was ultimately adopted by Justice Scalia and the SCOTUS when they decided the case, reversing his colleagues majority opinion on the DC circuit.

On top of it, at his confirmation hearings he openly argued with Feinstein on what constitutes "common use" in application of Heller on state/federal level gun bans. Feinstein (idiot) took the position that mere possession does not equal use, thus the common use doctrine laid out in Heller doesn't apply to assault weapons bans and they free to do whatever they want. Kavanaugh argued (correctly) that no where else in federal statue or Constitutional interpretation does possession not equate to use and legislative power on the 2nd amendment is not unlimited. From a 2nd Amendment standpoint, I think he'll be just fine. I'm honestly surprised he even indulged her stupidity in answering the question, as it's likely that very subject will come before the court.

KS95B40, ronin11, Mike A and 3 others like this.
  12. BR549er

Jul 6, 2018
    Correct. Although he's no Scalia (who is?), he's no Souter either. He is a constitutionlist.

KS95B40, UBOATDOC, Mike A and 2 others like this.
  13. Glock2740

Glock2740 1911 addict Staff Member Moderator

Aug 16, 2011
    :o.o::confused:
    I’m guessing that I know how you vote. Do you still believe in the 2A? Or should we all just have muskets?

KS95B40, Greg6640, Mike A and 2 others like this.
  14. Grizz

Grizz Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2016
    Legislative power IS limited, thats the entire point of the Constitution and Bill of Rights, to limit the power of Govt over the people. Who do you think "Shall not be Infringed" applies to?

15. Bender

Aug 15, 2011

Interesting opinion.....his record doesn’t show anything like you are stating.
    Got some insight on your opinion?

16. Fred_G

Fred_G Known Agitator

Dec 29, 2015
    So, was that a sonic boom this afternoon, or liberal's heads exploding?

17. BradE

BradE Active Member

Jun 19, 2018
    Uh, that’s exactly what Kavanaugh argued at his conformation. Reread what I wrote.

Mike A and Glock2740 like this.
  18. Bugs

Bugs Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Kavanaugh is a great pic and I wish him well. Will be a lot of entertainment watching the libtards run around with their hair on fire. Again.

KS95B40, UBOATDOC, Mike A and 4 others like this.
  19. Grizz

Grizz Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2016
    Long day at work and I miss read it

20. Guy Montag

Guy Montag Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2014

Scalia's and the other so-called "conservatives" on the court had NO PROBLEM allowing all kinds of gun control statues to be enacted post-Heller and McDonald. They REFUSED the appeals of gun control statues in NY, CA, MD, Mass and Hawaii.

Those of us who foolishly once believed in the hope of judicial remedy from Scalia and Co., sadly learned how wrong we were when the time came for him to enforce Heller. The myth does not match his actual record, so forgive me for the reality check, it's a bitter pill for those us living in occupied territory.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2018

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted