1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My apologies if this has already been done. Looking for suggestions on gunsmith screwdriver sets. Currently looking at Brownell’s Magnatip sets. Thought, suggestions, and warnings appreciated.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
I have the Brownell's set up and it has served me just fine......Amazining that the right Blade will save one from buggering up screws.

Karsten
That is the exact reason I bought the Brownell's kit. I was tired of fudging up my grip screws with random flat heads. It has worked great for my general 1911 tinkering and keeps all the 1911 specific heads I need in one easy to access place.

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I am a bit old fashioned, I like the Grace sets... wooden handles, good steel, last forever.
I thought about it but the Chapman kit gives you so many options in such a small package. I’ve managed to fill up the Gerstner box pretty quickly so drawer space is a factor.

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I’ve made a pretty decent living based on manufacturing in the USA. I feel obligated to by USA whenever possible. I’ll be the first to admit you don’t always get what you pay for but you also need to know what side your bread is buttered on.

·
The Tinker
4,481 Posts
I’ve made a pretty decent living based on manufacturing in the USA. I feel obligated to by USA whenever possible. I’ll be the first to admit you don’t always get what you pay for but you also need to know what side your bread is buttered on.
I have been a bit disappointed with some of my recent 'made in USA' purchases, but overall they've been OK. Some of my machining accessories I prefer to buy from companies across the Atlantic (Germany, England, Poland, etc.) as the quality is a bit higher/more consistent.

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I have been a bit disappointed with some of my recent 'made in USA' purchases.
I won’t deny that I’ve been disappointed but I’d rather be hustled by my fellow countrymen than someone overseas. You still need to do your due diligence and can’t base it solely on where it’s made.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.