Seattle Is Dying

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Shocker2000, Mar 17, 2019.

1. Shocker2000

Shocker2000 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2016
    I know there are 1911addicts here from Washington state, and people who have moved from WA to other states. This special news report, while 60 minutes in length, is worth watching. I've seen a rapid decline in this city over the past 2-3 years. It doesn't take long for a beautiful city to look like a 3rd world country.

If you see nothing else, skip to 10:50 in the video to see what Seattle has become.

https://komonews.com/news/local/komo-news-special-seattle-is-dying

2. BR549er

BR549er Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2018
    It's our fault for having jobs.

Seriously, thank you for posting this.

3. xerts1191

xerts1191 Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2017
    Coming to a city near you if hasn’t already! Pretty sad state of affairs, DHS has released 84k + illegals loose to await they’re asylum hearing, catch and release is alive and well per Breitbart story I just read, sickening!

Shocker2000 likes this.
  4. blamo

blamo Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2018
    In Portland but spend a lot of time in Seattle for work/play. Totally agree the passt 2-3 have made the place completely different. Really sad. And the restrictive laws there and in Oregon now and coming down the pike are a total dumpster fire.

xerts1191 and Shocker2000 like this.
  5. ORShooter

ORShooter Just outsided the realm of Crazy!

Nov 28, 2018
    Sickening! I have a solution but, probably wouldn't be prudent to post it.

6. El Perdido

El Perdido Fictional Western Sage

Oct 3, 2011
    It is time to rebuild the mental health institution system, but without Nurse Ratchet. Put in place required safeguards and real oversight that did not exist in the former system, which is the root cause this mess. It's gonna be expensive, but it is necessary. Warehousing with a purpose.

7. TheCollector

TheCollector Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2018
    I am one of those from the Seattle area.... well, south of it a little ways. I lived in that state for nearly 6o years. About 25 years ago a lot of California money came north because their real estate $$s would buy so much more house up there than in Cali. (I know, I sold 3 of my houses to Californians and made a good profit) The problem is they brought their liberal ideals as well. WA. politicians have been taking the state down ever since. Unfortunately those on the east side of the mountains who tend to have a different values get run over by the west side population in laws & government. This is another good example of where a state should have split into two.... I've left that state other than for VERY SHORT visits.... and even those are getting fewer and further in between.

8. Doc45

Doc45 Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2018
    My brother and his wife lived in West Seattle for close to 15 years, moved away in '07 back to Arizona. Even though he's a well defined lib he was getting tired of even then how things were changing. My sister left 3 months ago to move to Denver. She had been there 14 years and was married to a native until his passing almost 2 years ago. She's also a flaming lib and while a big fan of all the D politicians was unhappy with how the city was changing.

I visited many times, mostly during the summer, typically enjoyed myself as long as we stayed away from political discussions-yes, I was branded the black sheep of the family a looong time ago lol.

Too bad, as I always enjoyed my trips to the PacNWest. Oh well, they reap what they sow.

xerts1191 and Shocker2000 like this.
  9. Scaramouche

Scaramouche Student of the Columbian Exchange Supporting Addict

Sep 15, 2015
    I watched the whole video but had to go to You Tube to open it. Since I'm guzzling wine I refrain from saying any more other than agree that we all have something to do with this.
    Thank you for posting it.

10. Karsten

Karsten Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2013
    I think the entire West Coast has been lost to Liberals and the Odd Views they hold on Everything is Free and They want to take every one in, give them Free drugs, Needles, Food, Housing and what not for illegals.....I just Pray Common Sense comes back and people come to under what they have Destroyed.

Karsten

11. TheCollector

Aug 25, 2018
    I'm going to join you with a glass......... or two of wine myself... getting ready to grill some steaks

12. TheCollector

Aug 25, 2018
    I'm afraid the coming back by using common sense is near hopeless........... I fully expect that more drastic measures will someday present themselves as the option.

13. Scaramouche

Scaramouche Student of the Columbian Exchange Supporting Addict

Sep 15, 2015
    I'm going to try stir fry steak for the first time shortly, bon appetite

xerts1191, TheCollector and B81 like this.
  14. B81

B81 Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2018
    Dang it. All this talk has me thinking Martinis. But I still have work to do.

15. InstiGator

InstiGator Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2019
    Californians flee the mess they've created, settle somewhere else, and then promptly work as hard as they can to turn that somewhere else into a fresh hell just like the one they left.

Our educational system is failing, but then there's also the simple fact that some folks just won't learn.

1L26, TexasPatriot59, KTXdm9 and 6 others like this.
  16. B81

B81 Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2018
    I was in San Francisco a couple years back. I could not believe the number of homeless people. They were everywhere. And they seemed to be crapping everywhere too. (Although, I can't blame them for wanting to take a dump in front of the high class buildings in the financial district. )

It's sad to hear that Seattle is going down this road as well.

1L26, KTXdm9, jimmy james and 6 others like this.
  17. Sneaky One

Sneaky One Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2016
    Truly sad.......................

18. El Perdido

El Perdido Fictional Western Sage

Oct 3, 2011
    Denver is the next Seattle.

I visited my mother in Vancouver WA a few years ago. Portland is a cesspool.

I left my home state of Colorado 18 years ago. Because the crap was building even then. Not going back.

19. InstiGator

InstiGator Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2019
    It's a plague and spreading like one.

And on that cheery note, Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone.

thumbnail_IMG_0816.jpg
    I'm off to the chess board, to sip my medicine and battle the forces of darkness on a more manageable scale.

20. Karsten

Karsten Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2013
    I hate to say it but I have a feeling this is what is in store across the Country as time goes on.....The 1st Civil War pitted Brother against Brother....This next one will Pit Father against Sons and Mothers against Daughters......Somewhere everything broke down and in a way we the People Stood by and Let it Happen.....Years ago I knew this day would come and opted to have no kids.

Karsten

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted