Second Build has been ordered

Discussion in '1911 Gunsmithing' started by paid4c4, Feb 6, 2012.

1. paid4c4

paid4c4 Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Sep 26, 2011
    Today I discussed my options for ordering an STI frame/slide kit with Chuck at Shooters Connection in Georgetown, KY. i originally was going to order the RangeMaster kit however it has a long dust cover which I don't like and they are cast instead of forged. Chuck recommended the 1911 5" Slide/Frame, Forged, Checkered, Ramped - Special Order. It cost a little more however it is forged and the checkering alone would be over a hundred dollars, so it's a wash if I want a nice build. I'll be using the Dawson adjustable rear fiber optic sight with a Dawson 110 fiber optic front sight. That's all the good news, now for the bad news start the clock 4-6 weeks. This will give me time to order the goodies to go with the kit. Looks like a Wilson barrel, Nowlin ignition set, Dawson sights, trigger?, Wilson Bullet Proof slide stop and thumb safety, STI BTGS. Other parts still in the works depending on if I bobtail the frame. Ed thanks for the lead:hail:!
    Bill:thumb:

Last edited: Feb 6, 2012
  2. limbkiller

limbkiller Pulling my hair. Supporting Addict

Aug 18, 2011
    No problem man. They will have lots of the parts you will want in your build. Nice people there.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted