1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now
6,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Leads to on-line shopping, which leads to safe digging, which leads to picture taking, which leads to this.

Light_1.jpg
Light_2.jpg
Light_3.jpg
Light_4.jpg
Light_5.jpg
Light_6.jpg
Light_7.jpg

·
6,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yup, did that yesterday on the ammo safe. I think 9,500 rounds of 9mm, 3,500 rounds of 38 super along with 700 rounds of 300 Blackout should get me through this crisis

This weekend it's sit down and clean 13 or 14 guns.

2.jpg

·
Student of the Columbian Exchange
7,861 Posts
Lately I have been on line shopping like crazy as I purchased a bicycle frame that needs all the niggly things to make it a rideable bicycle. In the comment section of my orders I have been requesting they pack my items in toilet paper...I've been getting some very hysterically funny responses. We all need to pull together and leave the fear elsewhere. There is many degrees of difference between being careful and being fearful.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Lately I have been on line shopping like crazy as I purchased a bicycle frame that needs all the niggly things to make it a rideable bicycle. In the comment section of my orders I have been requesting they pack my items in toilet paper...I've been getting some very hysterically funny responses. We all need to pull together and leave the fear elsewhere. There is many degrees of difference between being careful and being fearful.
That right there is funny! lol

·
CEO of DILLIGAF industries
8,484 Posts
Yup, did that yesterday on the ammo safe. I think 9,500 rounds of 9mm, 3,500 rounds of 38 super along with 700 rounds of 300 Blackout should get me through this crisis

This weekend it's sit down and clean 13 or 14 guns.

View attachment 441313
Them's rookie numbers . When this BS is over , you better work on that .

·
Premium Member
619 Posts
I have been requesting they pack my items in toilet paper...I've been getting some very hysterically funny responses.
Where's Sears and Roebuck when you really need'em! :)

clean 13 or 14 guns
Yikes, a real masochist! :eek:.o:

Live in the country, have a pretty good stash of essentials (including ammo), so I may not know I'm isolated for another month or two. Keep me informed!

·
Womb? Weary? He rests. He has travelled.
4,980 Posts
I’m in the process of priming a large quantity of 9mm brass. After that, clean a rifle, load 9mm, prime a few hundred .45acp, SPP brass, then cut back a Climatis and help my wife clean up the flower beds.
I might be busy for a while.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Reckon I should clean my wife’s shotgun. It hasn’t seen a rub down since at least September. I don’t know how many rounds went through it in 2019 during that time, but it’s at 2,300 so far this year. I’m guessing it’s over 5k without a cleaning. Still running like a top. Not bad for a gas-operated autoloader. Mine is probably about half that.

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
Did you clarify that the TP had to be unused?

·
Premium Member
4,827 Posts
My isolation project yesterday was to bevel the frame and flatten the slide stop pin to a carry mode on my NH Talon. One more feature to bring it closer to its bigger brother The Classic.

IMG_3629.jpg

·
6,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Premium Member
4,827 Posts
@TheCollector well done, that really looks great
Thanks!................... it really started to bug me since I put this pic. on my tablet as background and it started to stick out like a sore thumb.

IMG_3622.jpg

·
The Tinker
3,315 Posts
Nice pistolas Sir! :thumbs:

Edit: As for the self isolation, I have only left the house a couple of times in the last two months or so. The wife is starting to worry about me...

·
6,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
@TheCollector I agree, I hate non-recessed slide-releases. There is not much that make a 1911 more custom in appearance than the end of the slide-release treatment

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Nice job on the NH!

Reactions: TheCollector

·
What me worry ?
11,086 Posts
I am spending my time chasing Mrs Tac around here , she’s become the fastest runner on the planet , feels like a hurricane going by
Screaming Nooooooooooo .
The only way I found to stop her is pulling down my britches,
At this point, she starts laughing so much she can’t run .
Do you think I have cabin fever. ???
Any advice would be appreciated. (Already tried the bear trap )

·
So soon old, so late smart...
779 Posts
Since most everyone else at work have opted to work from home, I'm in the office. By myself. Works for me!

While I usually bring my lunch to work, the last couple of days I have ventured out to patronize one of the local drive-through restaurants (drive-through and carry-out are the only options around here) to help the local economy. We will be ordering carry-out tonight for supper too. Gotta try to do our part!

1 - 20 of 60 Posts