1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've stippled/textured several Glock and Sig grips over the years with various soldering irons and I was wondering if anyone has been brave enough to attempt texturing their own Staccato grips? In particular, the original Staccato C grip and/or the G2 Standard Texture grips on the C2, P, etc.

· Registered
1,413 Posts
I've stippled/textured several Glock and Sig grips over the years with various soldering irons and I was wondering if anyone has been brave enough to attempt texturing their own Staccato grips? In particular, the original Staccato C grip and/or the G2 Standard Texture grips on the C2, P, etc.
ive done a couple of mine. Pretty ugly but made them much more useable and didn’t cost 350-450 bucks.
Air gun Trigger Machine gun Gun barrel Gun accessory
Trigger Material property Font Air gun Gun barrel

· Registered
58 Posts
Any pics with how to videos? My C could use some in the right areas. It wouldn’t take much for my taste but I wouldn’t want to mess it up.

· Registered
58 Posts

· Registered
82 Posts
That would be cool but all I really want done is the front and back a little more aggressive. When shopping around it seemed very expensive. That’s why I thought about trying it myself.

He will work with what areas of the grip you want done. More expensive to replace the whole grip if you make an oops, especially now that the C is discontinued.

· Registered
2,339 Posts
Another vote for just sending it to Elusive. He had mine back to me in 1 week and did work that is every bit as good as Darkside Precision "IMO even better because he stippled more of the grip than Darkside" which I waited 6 months for.
C2 with Elusive, P with Darkside "the discoloration on the C2 grip is from my dirty hands today, not the stippling".
Wood Rectangle Trigger Gun accessory Gun barrel

· Vendor
232 Posts
Thank you for your business and support. I have staccato grip #93 on the bench now for stippling. If you are purely looking for functional improvements and are handy then you should be able to achieve those goals with a decent aesthetic. If you want the function and the form/ aesthetics then I would recommend sending it off. That doesnt mean I'm the only option, plenty of very talented people doing grip work these days.

-Danny

· Premium Member
Les Baer Elk Mountain Resort .45 government, Les Baer 38 Super Comanche, Colt 1991 gov, etc...
975 Posts

· Registered
706 Posts
Op definitely DIY. What some outfits are charging to hit a plastic grip and wood burner is criminal.
I agree with this, legit scalping, even the best stippling job should top out at around $200, charging $300-500 is insane, and I can't believe people pay it, seeing what people spend their money on in the gun industry has got me wanting to make a company, obviously there is profits to be made.

and this is not to offend anyone that does charge alot and does great work, more power to you, I just think its absurd, same with charging excessive amounts for plain single color cerakote

· Registered
706 Posts
View attachment 1135514

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am telling you!! I am so starting a company, tons of money to be made in this industry, so many sub par offerings for insane amounts of money!! dust covers with a duck for $50-100 bucks, aluminum frames for 400-500, stipple work for 300-500, red dot knob covers with a knight helmet. Magazine base pads for 30-40 bucks, than when your real trendy you can start selling $5 shirts for $30-50 bucks like Noveske & Agency !!

Love it, murica 🇺🇸

1 - 20 of 20 Posts