1911 Firearm Addicts banner

Sell or keep?

6K views 60 replies 41 participants last post by  Bender 
#1 · (Edited)
I found about 1700 / 1800 rounds of 9mm fmj. A lot of it or most of it match grade.
I finally got around to straighting up my ammo containers. Labeling everything with caliber type and count. That's when I discovered it. I was thinking that container had 38 Super in it not 9mm.
I sold a bunch of 9mm on GB. I also sold all my 9mm guns. I wasn't planning to even own another 9.
Now I'm thinking about getting a CZ in 9 for the range. Or maybe just selling it all on GB and deposit the money into my gun fund account.
Or maybe trying to trade it for something or for ammo I do shoot.
What I really want is another lever gun. A Uberti or Henry in 357.
So, what do you guys think?

EDIT: I sold all my 9mm and gave away my loose and SD 9mm. Now I'm 9less. 🥂

#4 ·
If you really think that you might buy another 9mm pistol I’d highly recommend keeping it. If you’re not going to buy a 9mm pistol then put some of that ammo up for trade for that Henry you’re wanting.

#10 ·
Hmmmm
If the CZ is a 9mm...
You gonna need it!

#16 ·
I found about 1700 / 1800 rounds of 9mm fmj. A lot of it or most of it match grade.
I finally got around to straighting up my ammo containers. Labeling everything with caliber type and count. That's when I discovered it. I was thinking that container had 38 Super in it not 9mm.
I sold a bunch of 9mm on GB. I also sold all my 9mm guns. I wasn't planning to even own another 9.
Now I'm thinking about getting a CZ in 9 for the range. Or maybe just selling it all on GB and deposit the money into my gun fund account.
I have a like new marlin 1894 44 magnum I would sell you if your interested. Willing to make a deal today.

#21 ·
Honestly I'm not really interested in 9mm guns anymore. I use to be the biggest 45 fan boy you've ever seen at one time. Then there was news about being a ban on high capacity handguns. So I bought the highest capacity polymer handgun I liked. A XDM 9 that held 19+1 and had the mags modified to hold even more. I started to like the extra capacity over the 45 at the range. It was fun rapid firing 20 plus rounds.
I'm past that now, or am I? If I was very serious about buying a CZ in would be a 9mm for sure. And in that case I'd be running through 9 faster than the left can make up lies about Trump. :D
So, I might just keep it a bit longer anticipating even higher prices. It's premium quality match grade mostly. It will help to fund a lever gun. Probably a Uberti Special Sport 24" in 357 Magnum :cool:

#22 ·
Sounds like a solid plan. Win win either way. On one hand you can sell it to finance anything and on the other you have ammo on hand. Good situation to be in.

I figure there's always room in the safe for at least 1 9mm. I prefer my 1911s in. 45, .38S, and 10mm but I also have a nice T-series Hi power, Sig, and Beretta in 9mm.

#25 ·

I say donate some to the MCCAIG Foundation of poor shooters. Lol if you need to disperse a few hundred rounds holler at me.

Reactions: OldCuz
#27 ·
I would hold on to it for the time being....The Election is just around the corner and I don't get a good feeling about what the Left is willing to do to stop what is coming next to the swamp Near You.

You may have need to barter it, trade it for something you are short on.....

Just put it back on the shelf and forget about it for the time being and hopefully this too shall pass.

Karsten

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.