1911 Firearm Addicts banner
41 - 60 of 61 Posts
Discussion starter · #45 · (Edited)
So the majority is overwhelmingly saying for me to hold my horses? I hear ya. I already have the ammo container stuck way back behind all my other ammo. I doubt it, but I might possibly end up buying another 9mm at some point. If so, I have a decent head start on some to shoot.
Also, it being the most popular handgun round could possibly come in handy to trade with.

Finding I had it was like putting on a sport jacket that you haven't worn in a while. Then putting your hand in the pocket and finding a $100 bill. :greedy: Lol.
And the bonus? Finding it STILL FIT!

: )

Reactions: OldCuz
Discussion starter · #51 ·
I've always for the most part been impulsive. I act in haste and later regret it. Not every time, but often. Sometimes (rarely) it works out for the best. Most often I wish I had waited a bit. Like when I sold my Mach I Mustang 351 CJ or my '64 Impala SS or my '71 Chevelle SS 454 or my Nighthawk Thunder Ranch or my KSG 12g and the list goes on and on. I believe it's a good practice to sit on it for a couple days and see how it pans out.

Lol, don't get me started on that. They have been migrating here for years now. Years ago no matter where you went in NC you were almost always greeted with a wave and a smile. Now days you mostly get mean stares and no response if you just say hi to someone. Damn transplants.
Funny you say that...it's all relative. A dozen years ago I moved back to SoCal for a few years, Santa Monica to be exact. As a kid in the 60s/70s it was a cool hang loose place, everyone was on the same page it seemed, beach goers, surfers, girls, all good. By the 2000s it was super expensive and half the people don't even speak English and if you say Good Morning to someone while strolling in the park you'll get a strange look and/or a grunt, or you'll be completely ignored. That's what some people call "progress" as in "progressive". They would like to make the whole country this way. And ironically, none of these people from other countries would like to see their real home communities become this way.

I found about 1700 / 1800 rounds of 9mm fmj. A lot of it or most of it match grade.
I finally got around to straighting up my ammo containers. Labeling everything with caliber type and count. That's when I discovered it. I was thinking that container had 38 Super in it not 9mm.
I sold a bunch of 9mm on GB. I also sold all my 9mm guns. I wasn't planning to even own another 9.
Now I'm thinking about getting a CZ in 9 for the range. Or maybe just selling it all on GB and deposit the money into my gun fund account.
Or maybe trying to trade it for something or for ammo I do shoot.
What I really want is another lever gun. A Uberti or Henry in 357.
So, what do you guys think?
Personally, I don’t think I can ever see myself without at least one hi capacity 9mm pistol. It may not be perfect or my favorite pistol, but the Glock 17 is one of the most robust, reliable tools available in the handgun market.

However, this is only what I would do. You may be happier with a lever gun than the ammo. Do you have ammo to feed the lever gun? May be better to trade ammonia for ammo.

Discussion starter · #60 ·
Personally, I don’t think I can ever see myself without at least one hi capacity 9mm pistol. It may not be perfect or my favorite pistol, but the Glock 17 is one of the most robust, reliable tools available in the handgun market.

However, this is only what I would do. You may be happier with a lever gun than the ammo. Do you have ammo to feed the lever gun? May be better to trade ammonia for ammo.
I have over 3k rounds for my lever. Close to 4k. For high capacity handguns I have a10mm double stack.
As for trading ammo for ammo I have a bunch of 45 and 38 Super I wouldn't mind trading for some 300 blackout sub or super.

41 - 60 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.