Votes: 14 82.4%
  • no, keep it stock

Votes: 3 17.6%
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, this week I grabbed the Monolith Commanche from Buckaroo and took it for a spin yesterday, 75 rounds and it's a killer pistol in great shape. It is a Hillsdale model, so that's a consideration of sorts. It needs new sights for my liking which got me thinking about an idea I had before when looking for a Mono--sending it off to Lou at BEC for the business. Nothing too crazy, but flush crown barrel, perhaps a few small details, flat trigger and action, etc. I don't care about the curmudgeonly Baer warranty issues.

Here's the pistol in case you missed it:
https://www.1911addicts.com/threads/les-baer-mono-commanche-45-excellent.31531/

I do have some other potential hosts (a couple Wessons, a TRP) but this one seems like it would be just killer. What say you, yay or nay?

·
NRA Life Member
2,167 Posts
Sending it to Lou is a no brainer.

Reactions: Justinf

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Do not neglect the black BEC rear sight while there. I put one on my Baer and kept the Baer front. All the three dot fanciers I show it to love how the front stands out against the rear. I do run with gray hair age guys though.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah it's gonna happen, I messaged with Lou and we're going to set it up on Monday. Initial thoughts--well, his suggestions--to start: a carry bevel , EGW monogrammed bushing set , flushed , crowned barrel , rear sight , blend & contour the grip safety, trigger action, Park and Cerakote.

I'm excited. Thanks Lou!

·
NRA Life Member
2,167 Posts
You will not be disappointed, the wait is by far the hardest part.

Reactions: Justinf

·
NRA Life Member
2,167 Posts
What's a general turn around time on BEC work? (Using the above specs as an example)
That question can only be answered accurately by Lou but I would estimate 12 months or so.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts