Wilson Combat Sentinel XL

Discussion in 'General 1911 talk' started by NathanS, Apr 22, 2019.

1. NathanS

NathanS Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2019
    Does anybody have any experience with the Wilson Combat Sentinel or Sentinel XL?

If so can you provide me some feedback on it. I am looking at one in 9mm. Any feedback and photos would be great! Thanks

2. azguy1911

azguy1911 I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now

Oct 22, 2015
    I found them short, as in the grip length at the butt end of the gun and ultimately sold two I had order replaced them with Sentinel Compact which are 1/2-5/8th's longer and the compacts take magwells which the standard Sentinels do not.

I don't even have big hands but the butt end of the gun landed in the fleshy part of my hand and it was unpleasant to shoot after a 100 or so rounds. As a dedicated conceal carry piece it was great but I like shooting what I carry and I moved them along at decent losses.

Looking back the fact they use different magazines and grips would be deal breaker today for me as you end up with to many moving parts with grips and magazines.

1106171029a.jpg 7.jpg 6.jpg

3. NathanS

Jan 31, 2019
    Good info! There is a Sentinal XL I am wanting but was worried about the grip being to short

4. azguy1911

Oct 22, 2015
    I'd be very concerned about that, I've owned plenty compacts and CCO's and I just couldn't live with it.

5. NathanS

Jan 31, 2019
    Its so tempting because the one I am looking at is beautiful but I wish a magwell could be added to it for a little extra landscape

6. Ytown1911

Ytown1911 Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2016
    Handled a few and was not impressed. Barrel length is fine but the grip leaves a bit to be desired. As you are aware they don’t make a magwell for one; however, if they did and you added it, you are just about at a COMPACT/OFFICER’s grip (no magwell of course). Better reliability, too

7. NathanS

Jan 31, 2019
    Think I am going to go with a compact with naked slide. If I can’t find a used one who do y’all recommend for best pricing?

8. azguy1911

Oct 22, 2015
    NathanS likes this.
  9. NathanS

Jan 31, 2019
  10. Mark Anderson

Mark Anderson Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2017
    Gunslingers - George Talia

https://www.migunslingers.com/

I just bought my first WC from George and he is excellent to deal with, and I believe the best prices you will find. Interestingly enough, in keeping with the thread, it is a Sentinel Professional 9mm, Matte Stainless with polished flats of slide, all slide markings omitted including the rear logo. It's a beauty. I will be picking it up from my dealer this Saturday and posting my own photos, but here are a few from George just before it shipped.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

nod likes this.
  11. NathanS

Jan 31, 2019
    Let me know what you think! That’s very similar to what I have my eye on. Do you mind me asking what you paid?

12. NathanS

Jan 31, 2019
    This is the one I have been thinking about D76E41F3-CFB3-4273-B62D-849DCE638D34.jpeg

Mark Anderson and 1911 dawg like this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted