Series 70 Gold cup Trigger

Discussion in 'General 1911 talk' started by Mt Airy, Feb 15, 2012.

1. Mt Airy

Mt Airy New Member

Feb 10, 2012
    I am getting ready to replace the trigger in my series 70 gold cup . Why is the trigger not the same as all the rest ?? I believe it to be wider. WHY???? my choices are a bit limited.

2. Kruzr

Kruzr Hangin' In Supporting Addict

Sep 7, 2011
    The GC triggers are wider than a normal 1911 trigger and they are steel so they are heavy. I put a Kings's GC short trigger in mine but they aren't around anymore and the current owner ran out of GC triggers about 3 years ago.

Take a look over at Wilson Combat for their aluminum Gold Cup triggers, both three hole and solid.

http://shopwilsoncombat.com/Trigger-Ultralight-Match-Long-Standard-Pad-Gold-Cup/productinfo/190G/

http://shopwilsoncombat.com/Trigger...id-Pad-No-Holes-Gold-Cup/productinfo/190G-NH/

3. Mt Airy

Mt Airy New Member

Feb 10, 2012
    That is exactly what I was told Wilson I am not a gun smith so shooting steel (Tim ) is going to help me out he is going to put in a new trigger , commander hammer, sear ,disconector and main spring and a new style high safety .

Last edited: Feb 15, 2012
  4. Kruzr

Sep 7, 2011
    Keep in mind that a Gold Cup sear is also a bit different. It has a bracket and a spring the size of a watch spring (no exaggeration) that is very easy to lose. If you want to keep all the original parts, keep an eye on that when you take the sear out. It was put in because of the heavy steel triggers.

5. Mt Airy

Mt Airy New Member

Feb 10, 2012
    So does anyone know why the gold cup trigger is wider?

6. Kruzr

Sep 7, 2011
    Colt made it wider since many bullseye shooters were using the little shoe that fit over a 1911 trigger to make it wider. The wider the trigger, the more contact you have and it feels lighter.

While mine sure won't, the idea of the Gold Cup was a gun you could take out of the box and be competitive. Prior to that, you would buy a new Colt and send it to the gunsmith.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted