severns steps down

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nyack1911, Jan 5, 2012.

1. Nyack1911

Nyack1911 1911 addict

Sep 20, 2011
    he has left his "post " on toos as a moderator

2. Glock2740

Glock2740 1911 addict Staff Member Moderator

Aug 16, 2011
    Maybe he's finally seeing the light.

3. R0CKETMAN

R0CKETMAN NRA member Supporting Addict

Dec 24, 2011
    You see I think your toos is what I refer to as tos. In any case, one of the new ones is a very interesting choice.

4. deadguy

deadguy Charlie Daniels Supporting Addict

Sep 7, 2011
    I think Ryan (Sarge) is a good guy. How he will do as a mod remains to be seen.

5. Blue Ridge

Blue Ridge Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    Agreed, Sarge has always been a pleasure to deal with... when I'm buying grips. Wonder why Severns is stepping down? Is this from GT then?

6. Cigarhead

Cigarhead Active Member

Sep 21, 2011
    Embarrassment now that he has been exposed as having a huge conflict of interest?
    Over moderation and huge numbers of people calling him on it......here and in other public forums?
    A ban hammer he could not lift high enough for it to fall clean and true?
    He finally figured out that real life trumps being a f'ing mod on a forum?
    He found Jesus and now forgives me for saying "Good Lord" (what I was banned for)
    Maybe people waiting on guns got tired of seeing him post all day long while their **** waits for a year or more?
    He got hit in his hard hat?
    lol
    Clyde revoked his COTEP card?
    Maybe he only has time to treat so many people like kids and his real life is suffering?
    The new owner realized it's a forum for posting and wanted to stop the people from being discouraged to post and feel
    comfy and enjoy the site so he can keep putting more adds up and make more money? IT's a business there after all.

He has his own forum right?

7. deadguy

deadguy Charlie Daniels Supporting Addict

Sep 7, 2011
    CH I am sure it is all covered somewhere in there lol

8. Cigarhead

Cigarhead Active Member

Sep 21, 2011
    lol

Dont post.JPG

Search, but don't post, Post don't search, just don't post how bout that? If you want to post post on a post already there, don't start discussion on old threads in a discussion forum, but please search for old ones, don't post new posts you should search, but don't top anything. Search and then start a new topic on that subject that you should have searched and found but not posted.

ok, got tired but this is moronic. Post or don't, search don't post but post new topics. ? what?

9. Blue Ridge

Blue Ridge Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    I see the same thing on RFC. People get a talking to for bumping posts AND starting new ones when a topic has been covered. Which is it they want?

10. Kruzr

Kruzr Hangin' In Supporting Addict

Sep 7, 2011
    This is what Severns has to say about it. His website got an update in the last few days.

"WELCOME TO 2012! I'd like to take this opportunity to wish you and yours a safe, joyous, and prosperous New Year! 2011 was a very busy year for Severns Custom, thanks to you, our loyal clients. I thank each of you for the opportunity to have earned your business. More important to me is the opportunity to have come to know so many of you, and benefit from your kindness, your wit, and your wisdom. It is indeed an honor and a blessing to know and be of service to you.

For 2012, I have made some important decisions regarding Severns Custom. After 12 years of service, in late 2011 I resigned my post as a Moderator on a well-known 1911 forum website. Frankly, I have been just too busy in the last year to dedicate myself to anything other than Severns Custom, and decided it best to hand the keys to someone to could do that job right. While I will miss that duty, I will now be able to concentrate a bit more on this website, and offer you an expanded format here. Look to see this website expanded to include shoot-outs, no-BS technical infomation, in addition to an honest, straight-forward blog section. Just our little way to say "thanks" in return to each of you.

Those who have been exposed to the firearms industry for any length of time find it to contain considerable hype, "smoke & mirrors", and sometimes, outright BS. At Severns Custom, we'll meet you "on the level". Your questions and comments are always welcome, and we'll do our best to treat you with respect, and common courtesy. I am personally at your service. 7 days per week. I look forward to hearing from you soon.
    Respectfully,
    Dave Severns"

(The last gunsmith I can recall who started his own "straight forward blog" was Teddy J. That way nobody could disagree with him.)

Last edited: Jan 5, 2012
  11. Metaloy

Metaloy Active Member

Sep 8, 2011
    I STILL continue to "beg" tos to remove my account and they will not even respond. I'm thinking about posting something there, I'm sure it will be deleted post haste and forth with...also put it on my Facebook Page as well as the Metaloy Blog. I really do not want to drag it out but I want others to know what a-holes are over there.

I do not think I have ever been so bothered by what they did to my last post over there but it REALLY POed me.

Can anyone tell me actually who owns that site?

12. Nyack1911

Nyack1911 1911 addict

Sep 20, 2011
    tos = glock talk
    toos= 1911 forum
    remember search is your friend:rofl2: sorry ch i could not resist.
    i hated search. i could never make it work.:der:

13. Metaloy

Metaloy Active Member

Sep 8, 2011
    Ooops. I clarify...toos.

14. deadite

deadite #15 to Register! Supporting Addict

Aug 17, 2011
    :rofl2:

deadite

15. Drgracin72

Drgracin72 Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Oct 9, 2011
    metaloy, they wont remove your account because then it will not show you as a number, which is what they want.... the more members they have, the more people will advertise. good luck getting it deleted, but it will not happen.

16. DAT85

DAT85 BIG OL' BALD HAID ! Supporting Addict

Aug 26, 2011
    If you have ever read the "Lord of the Rings" you KNOW who owns that site! :eek:

DAT85

17. Glock2740

Glock2740 1911 addict Staff Member Moderator

Aug 16, 2011
    It wasn't a problem for me Chris. I asked twice and was oblgized. Probably didnt spell that right but don't care either. :lol:

18. EvolutionArmory

EvolutionArmory Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2011
    Which one are you talking about? The new mods over there seem alright. I've only seen L&P moderated a little heavy handed.

19. Tape

Tape Banned

Dec 6, 2011
    I never dealt with him but I know moderating a site is tough; it takes a bit of dedication, maturity, and knowledge along with knowing how to deal with people and holster the ban stick. I was a mod of three forum sites and never again, I have a lot of respect for mods and admins because I know what goes on behind the curtain and I know mods and admins that do not know how to deal with people.

20. CMG

CMG Member

Aug 20, 2011
    I fear Sarge will simply be Severns re-heated, as he put a lot of stock in Severn's "expert" opinion and "custom" work.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted