1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Deo Volente
7,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I purchased a Shadow 2 at Hinterland Outfitters yesterday. It will take 10-14 business days to process the order which is OK as then it will go on next months credit card bill, even though I have the money now.

After talking to David at CGW, (Cajun Gun Works) who said that CZUSA is pretty much shut down(?) He didn't know when he would receive his allotments and He hasn't accepted shipments from FFL's to him for two years because of warranty questions. So, I ordered the pistol and will shoot it myself and send it to CGW later.

·
Deo Volente
7,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Is there anyone out there that wants (3) seventeen round factory magazines? PM me and we might be able to send you the magazines that I can't get here in Kolorado! :(

·
Super Moderator
821 Posts
Right Sonny, CZ-USA and Dan Wesson are both shut down.

Reactions: Colorado Sonny

·
I gotta have more cowbell
3,480 Posts
Well I purchased a Shadow 2 at Hinterland Outfitters yesterday. It will take 10-14 business days to process the order which is OK as then it will go on next months credit card bill, even though I have the money now.

After talking to David at CGW, (Cajun Gun Works) who said that CZUSA is pretty much shut down(?) He didn't know when he would receive his allotments and He hasn't accepted shipments from FFL's to him for two years because of warranty questions. So, I ordered the pistol and will shoot it myself and send it to CGW later.
You might just find it to be darned good out of the box. Mine has the trigger work, done by Steve Owens with CGW parts. It’s very good . But the stock rental gun at my range was very nice.

I’d like to send mine in to have the slide milled for a holosun . The trigger work imho is not needed, but it’s a nice bonus

·
Deo Volente
7,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You might just find it to be darned good out of the box. Mine has the trigger work, done by Steve Owens with CGW parts. It’s very good . But the stock rental gun at my range was very nice.

I’d like to send mine in to have the slide milled for a holosun . The trigger work imho is not needed, but it’s a nice bonus
The Holosun/RMR3 milling is just as important to me as that CGW trigger system. I can get DLC coated at the same time.

Get it, shoot it and make decisions from there.

Be well all of you! :)

Reactions: Badabing11

·
I gotta have more cowbell
3,480 Posts
The Holosun/RMR3 milling is just as important to me as that CGW trigger system. I can get DLC coated at the same time.

Get it, shoot it and make decisions from there.

Be well all of you! :)
I didn’t know you could dlc an S2. I thought the base coat on the S2 was Nitride? I’d be happy happy if I could get Dlc.!

·
Super Moderator
821 Posts
Isn't the finish on CZ's "polycoat"; whatever that is!

·
Deo Volente
7,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I didn’t know you could dlc an S2. I thought the base coat on the S2 was Nitride? I’d be happy happy if I could get Dlc.!
It is an option at Cajun Gun Works. Since I would be doing a bunch of work already, I figured buy once, cry once!
Complete DLC is $465 for the Shadow 2.

·
Super Moderator
821 Posts
Sonny does CGW do their own DLC or do they send it out?

Reactions: Colorado Sonny

·
Deo Volente
7,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sonny does CGW do their own DLC or do they send it out?
I believe they send it out to someone they have dealt with for a number of years. They are a first rate outfit based on all the reviews I have seen. Most folks in the business are very stringent in their work! :)

·
Deo Volente
7,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I believe it is intruded, and the frame is then poly coated .. not 100% sure
CZ does do a polycoat which can be clouded by some cleaners and oils. I would much rather see them go blued or DLC!

·
Registered
24 Posts
I ran a Shadow 2 stock for a few USPSA Matches, and found stock fine.
I did put some CGW parts in 2 SP-01's, 1 full Pro pack with stainless guide rod, and spring upgrade, and 1 just, trigger rebound spring, free floating trigger pin, stainless rod, and spring upgrade, I the end I didn't feel the $200 more for the full Pro pack was that beneficial.

Henning's upgrades in my Tanfo Limited, where a bigger difference.

·
Deo Volente
7,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I ran a Shadow 2 stock for a few USPSA Matches, and found stock fine.
I did put some CGW parts in 2 SP-01's, 1 full Pro pack with stainless guide rod, and spring upgrade, and 1 just, trigger rebound spring, free floating trigger pin, stainless rod, and spring upgrade, I the end I didn't feel the $200 more for the full Pro pack was that beneficial.

Henning's upgrades in my Tanfo Limited, where a bigger difference.
Now that I have the pistol in my hands, I can tell the reach reduction and straighter trigger will be a HUGE difference for my stubby fingers. Big palm short fingers, I can't even reach the front of the trigger guard with my index finger.

The changes will pull the trigger back just a hair over 3/16 of an inch.

·
Avatar is back to my favorite things!
9,776 Posts
Just read this thread, congratulations on the Shadow 2, love mine! Do you still need to dispose of the 17 round mags??? If do send me a pm and maybe I can help you with that.

·
Deo Volente
7,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The owners manual says it is a nitride coating.

·
Deo Volente
7,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just read this thread, congratulations on the Shadow 2, love mine! Do you still need to dispose of the 17 round mags??? If do send me a pm and maybe I can help you with that.
My FFL took care of the problem. He could accept any size mag, so he "Pinned" mine for fifteen rounds. I also was lucky enough to find five more 15 round Mec-Gar factory magazines. The price was steep at $40.75 a piece including shipping, but the fact is they are made in Italy and I don't expect any more to be available any time soon. No one else including Greg Kote had the 15 round mags except CZ Custom and I must admit that their shipping time was lightning fast! They had those mags in the mail the same day I ordered them which was a Saturday! :grin:

Reactions: Babboonbobo

·
Deo Volente
7,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The short reach trigger on the bottom Tanfo was a huge difference for me, I don't remember that option with the CGW Pro pack on my SP-01

Such fine looking pistols! :D:D:D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts