1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
I gotta have more cowbell
3,488 Posts
I just took delivery of a CZ Shadow 2. It was previously owned by Mr Steve Owens @Integrity Arms .

Steve did the CZ custom shop trigger job using parts from Cajun gunworks. I think he put a spit polish on them as I’m getting a little under 2lbs in SA. I believe CGW advertises 3.0 lb trigger using their parts. It is simply beautiful .
I have wanted one of these for years and have been bouncing between this and the TSO. For a lot of reasons, the S2 fit my purpose better than the TSO.
Steve’s work in the SA trigger is as good as any TSO I’ve tried.

Thank you Steve !
A0288EF7-00A2-42D9-99CE-1F03B55BC441.jpeg
FC5A9503-0DCE-46BD-B040-30E9C7F2D4AE.jpeg

·
3,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I love it! I am on CGW's waiting list.

How do you like the sights?
Im not sure on the sights yet. The one I rented had the fiber optic piece missing and I still shot it lights out (for me). I usually don’t care for fiber optic, but I can actually see this one.

My longer term consideration is to put a red dot on it . I was wanting to wait until the new ones came out with the slide cut for an optic. But I was talking to CGW and they said they can get the dot closer to the bore axis on the current model when they mill the slide and mount the rds directly to the slide without the plate.

I’ll likely just have Steve O mill the slide for the rds if I have trouble with the iron / fiber optic.

The balance of this gun is just magnificent. I hold it steadier than just about anything.

·
Registered
565 Posts
I like the fiber optic sight. I find it easy to pick up and line up the sights. This is the first pistol I've had with fiber optic sights, but it's definitely under consideration for future purchases.

I second the motion for an RDS. This thing would be an absolute tack driver with with it. Damn, all of a sudden this thread is getting expensive for me. :D

·
Premium Member
1,351 Posts
I'll second the getting expensive [email protected], this is what my P07 looks like if it grew up, congrats again on the Shadow 2. Like to see pics if you get the slide milled and @Integrity Arms, Steve when your done with my A2 and ready for my CZ we'll have to talk milling:D

Im not sure on the sights yet. The one I rented had the fiber optic piece missing and I still shot it lights out (for me). I usually don’t care for fiber optic, but I can actually see this one.

My longer term consideration is to put a red dot on it . I was wanting to wait until the new ones came out with the slide cut for an optic. But I was talking to CGW and they said they can get the dot closer to the bore axis on the current model when they mill the slide and mount the rds directly to the slide without the plate.

I’ll likely just have Steve O mill the slide for the rds if I have trouble with the iron / fiber optic.

The balance of this gun is just magnificent. I hold it steadier than just about anything.

·
3,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wow, great acquisition! I’ve pulled the trigger on that one after Steve did the trigger work and compared it to mine. It is extremely smooth.

Congratulations!
Thank bbbobo. I think Steve breathing on them makes any gun better :) I feel very fortunate to be right time and place on this one.

·
3,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I like the fiber optic sight. I find it easy to pick up and line up the sights. This is the first pistol I've had with fiber optic sights, but it's definitely under consideration for future purchases.

I second the motion for an RDS. This thing would be an absolute tack driver with with it. Damn, all of a sudden this thread is getting expensive for me. :D
I shot my S2 today. I shot it so well, I couldn’t believe it was me doing the shooting . @KTXdm9 , I put a stick on bifocal on my glasses, and this fiber optic is very nice. It’s small enough to aim small, but the brightness is just right. It stays sharp and does not blur .

I know this is a 1911 forum, and this might be sac religious, but I shot it better than my 1911s. I wasn’t expecting that.

·
Deo Volente
7,523 Posts

Which RDS would any of you choose? I would be interested in a high quality unit without taking out a home equity loan! There are so many to choose from and some are just real good at a reasonable price.

If the slide on the Shadow 2 is milled for an RDS, how is it attached? Are RDS units a universal fit with this mounting system???? Ignorant minds would like to know! :eek:.o::rolleyes::grin:

·
Deo Volente
7,523 Posts
Well I am considering going all in at CGW. This would probably be the last pistol for two or three years.
CZ SHADOW 2
CROWN BARREL
MILLING FOR VORTEX VENOM RDS
VORTEX VENOM RDS
DLC Refinish entire pistol
NP3+ internal Parts

That ain't cheap but if what I have heard from many articles and videos, it will be the pistol! Pay once, cry once!

Chief duty, church protection from the elevated sound booth where I have been working every Sunday for 20+ years. This will require a lot more range time, but that's a great benefit! :D

Hmmmm… I wonder if this is tax deductible as part of the security team? Jesus did say render unto Ceaser what is Ceaser's and render unto God what is God's. A ministry expense don't ya know! :eek:.o::rolleyes::D:cigar:

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Which RDS would any of you choose? I would be interested in a high quality unit without taking out a home equity loan!
While I don’t have an RDS yet, based on posts from Joe Chambers, he’s a big fan of the Holosun 507. I believe he’s had several Vortex break and he has Holosuns with 6000 plus rounds. I’ve seen them online as low as $229, just have to watch the sales.

·
3,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Which RDS would any of you choose? I would be interested in a high quality unit without taking out a home equity loan! There are so many to choose from and some are just real good at a reasonable price.

If the slide on the Shadow 2 is milled for an RDS, how is it attached? Are RDS units a universal fit with this mounting system???? Ignorant minds would like to know! :eek:.o::rolleyes::grin:
I think CGW can figure out just about anything. But others typically mill the slide for a trijicon rmr. I believe the holosun 507 c has the same footprint as the trijicon. Springer makes several adaptor plates that can be installed in the trijicon footprint.

I have a Vortex venom on my 22 and I like it a lot. However, I’m looking at a Holosun as Steve O, and CGW both preferred it. Joe C makes 3. A LEO I spoke with at a gun show makes 4.

My only reservation is the Holosun is heavier than most. I think it’s 2.7 oz. I am not sure if that includes the mounting plate. I believe the Vortex is a little over 1oz. .

after today, I’m not sure I’d shoot it any better with a dot. So if any of you go that way before I do, please post your thoughts .

1 - 20 of 28 Posts