1911 Firearm Addicts banner

Shadow 2! Finally did it

2K views 27 replies 11 participants last post by  FWoo45 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I just took delivery of a CZ Shadow 2. It was previously owned by Mr Steve Owens @Integrity Arms .

Steve did the CZ custom shop trigger job using parts from Cajun gunworks. I think he put a spit polish on them as I’m getting a little under 2lbs in SA. I believe CGW advertises 3.0 lb trigger using their parts. It is simply beautiful .
I have wanted one of these for years and have been bouncing between this and the TSO. For a lot of reasons, the S2 fit my purpose better than the TSO.
Steve’s work in the SA trigger is as good as any TSO I’ve tried.

Thank you Steve !
Finger Gun Firearm Trigger Line
Finger Gun Firearm Trigger White

See less See more
#12 ·
Wow, great acquisition! I’ve pulled the trigger on that one after Steve did the trigger work and compared it to mine. It is extremely smooth.

Congratulations!
Thank bbbobo. I think Steve breathing on them makes any gun better :) I feel very fortunate to be right time and place on this one.

#7 ·
Im not sure on the sights yet. The one I rented had the fiber optic piece missing and I still shot it lights out (for me). I usually don’t care for fiber optic, but I can actually see this one.

My longer term consideration is to put a red dot on it . I was wanting to wait until the new ones came out with the slide cut for an optic. But I was talking to CGW and they said they can get the dot closer to the bore axis on the current model when they mill the slide and mount the rds directly to the slide without the plate.

I’ll likely just have Steve O mill the slide for the rds if I have trouble with the iron / fiber optic.

The balance of this gun is just magnificent. I hold it steadier than just about anything.

#8 ·
I like the fiber optic sight. I find it easy to pick up and line up the sights. This is the first pistol I've had with fiber optic sights, but it's definitely under consideration for future purchases.

I second the motion for an RDS. This thing would be an absolute tack driver with with it. Damn, all of a sudden this thread is getting expensive for me. :D

#17 · (Edited)
Well I am considering going all in at CGW. This would probably be the last pistol for two or three years.
CZ SHADOW 2
CROWN BARREL
MILLING FOR VORTEX VENOM RDS
VORTEX VENOM RDS
DLC Refinish entire pistol
NP3+ internal Parts

That ain't cheap but if what I have heard from many articles and videos, it will be the pistol! Pay once, cry once!

Chief duty, church protection from the elevated sound booth where I have been working every Sunday for 20+ years. This will require a lot more range time, but that's a great benefit! :D

Hmmmm… I wonder if this is tax deductible as part of the security team? Jesus did say render unto Ceaser what is Ceaser's and render unto God what is God's. A ministry expense don't ya know! :eek:.o::rolleyes::D:cigar:

#25 ·
congrats on that great new toy.

steve works wonders with base cz guns. listen to him too. he know s his stuff. ask me how I know ;)

@WWB is a holosun fan too--that makes several folks whose opinion I value in the holosun camp.. I am leaning holoson 507c for my 1911s too

#26 ·
Count me in the Holosun camp. Of you're worried about weight, the 508t might be an option. That's what I did. I like it quite a lot but the shake awake does leave something to be desired. I'm an eotech guy so I really like the circle/dot reticle.

Steve doing CZ work too is going to break me. May just have to rethink my finances for the foreseeable future. My p-01 just got some new life breathed into my plans for it. ;) A p-01, all CGWed out by Steve, with his personal touches, a streamlight, and a RDS? Color me interested. Could be a damn fine carry piece.

Congratulations sir on the pick up. A real score.
Could you expand a bit on the shake awake issues you had? I'm more of a Vortex guy, but I was leaning pretty heavily towards the Holosun for my next purchase.

#28 ·
It just doesn't work every time if I pick it up gently. I prefer to just leave it on.

Edit to add that the battery life is great so if you just replace it once a year you're better off just leaving it on. I do wish that the battery could be replaced without removing the sight from the slide.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.