Shadow 2

Discussion in 'Range Trips & Reviews' started by Primal19, May 25, 2019.

1. Primal19

Primal19 Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2019
    CD7D8FC8-2810-4094-AD57-9037CC128FC6.jpeg

Picked up my Shadow 2 recently. Out of the box the trigger pull was a crisp 3 lb with a short reset. Double action was about 8lb 8 oz. The stock blue aluminum grips had good bite but I did order a set of thin lok bogies that provide much better traction. I also like the inlays that they can provide now and am very happy with my cherry red grips. The weapon came well oiled though I did strip it and put some FP-10 on. Fit is tight and machining looks great. Every bit on par with a couple of the Dan Wesson’s I’ve owned. Can’t make it to the range today, but I’ll put a follow up post when I do get down there.

2. blue steel 55

blue steel 55 Well-Known Member

Apr 4, 2015
    Very nice CZ. Big fan of these pistols.

Primal19 likes this.

3. stlgecko

stlgecko Gecko Lives Matter

May 24, 2014
    I dig those grips. You’ll love shooting it, I have one and it’s just a pleasure to shoot.

Primal19 likes this.
  4. Greenrunner

Greenrunner Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2017
    Real nice. My recently acquired CZ custom shop guns not only are on a par with the equivalent cost 1911s, I think the CZs shoot as good as the much more expensive 1911s. Enjoy.

5. awmp

awmp Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Apr 27, 2012
    Great looking pistol, if it shoots as good as it looks its a winner.

6. Primal19

Jan 13, 2019
    I may wind up getting this one cajunized as well. It’s a great out of the box pistol but the things that Cajun Gun Works And CZ custom do are amazing.

7. Greenrunner

Greenrunner Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2017
    The thing I was concerned about with the CZs was accuracy because a number of years ago I had a PCR that shot like a shotgun. But now I have both an accu bushing gun and one with the standard bushing that comes out of CZ Custom and both are very accurate.

Primal19 likes this.
  8. razorbacker

razorbacker Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Dec 2, 2011
    You are in for a treat at the range. Take a friend to keep your mags loaded. Mags go from full to empty in seconds.:)

Primal19 and stlgecko like this.
  9. Fred_G

Fred_G Known Agitator

Dec 29, 2015
    Nice, been thinking about one of those guns. Are those grips like a G10 material?

10. Primal19

Jan 13, 2019
    Yes. LOK makes them in many different varieties. These are new specialty grips they do with inlays. They have lots of custom options. The bogies are their most aggressive variety and really lock in the hand. They have less aggressive textures as well.

Fred_G likes this.
  11. Barstool Aviator

Barstool Aviator "Select Zone 5 and engage...."

Feb 25, 2016
    Good looking CZ, I'd love to get one but I think I just may Cajun my SP-01 Tactical.

12. Primal19

Jan 13, 2019
    I had a cajunized SP-01 tactical that was one of the best shooters I’ve ever owned. If you get their pro pack and the 10x bushing you’ve got a gun that can compete with much more expensive weapons. I still prefer the ergonomics of the SP-01 over the shadow 2. I understand why the grip on the shadow 2 is designed the way it is, and I know it helps me shoot better, but the SP-01 is more comfortable.

13. Barstool Aviator

Barstool Aviator "Select Zone 5 and engage...."

Feb 25, 2016
    Did you do the work yourself or did you send it off to them?

If you did, how much did it run you?

14. Primal19

Jan 13, 2019
    I did the work myself. You can order a few different packages from them, all of which they’ll install for $150.00-$200.00. Their customer service is great and if you decide to go it alone they can help you through anything you can’t figure out on YouTube. Their parts packages start at about $170.00 and go up to $250.00 dollars for the pro pack. Any of the packages will make a big difference in your trigger pull and reset. The defensive carry pack is ideal if you’re looking to keep your SA pull heavier than competition weights.

The tactical version with the decocker is a little more complex to work on, but if you’ve detail stripped other weapons it’s not that bad.

The 10X bushing runs about $70 and can also be installed at home. Freezing the slide makes this easier.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted