1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I am shipping a firearm to the manufacture for service, custom work, etc, how is it shipped back?

Does it go to a FFL again, do I pick it up at UPS, or is it shipped to my house?

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes they are providing the labels.

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
10-4 thanks!

·
NRA Endowment member
3,727 Posts
If this was a handgun, they committed a crime.
USPS/Handguns......FFL to FFL ONLY.

Since the Ithaca 1911 factory has been out of business for some time I’m guessing the Ithaca guns referred to here are long guns.
But Mr. Rogers is correct as far as hand guns are concerned.

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So hand guns are sent to a FFL? or is it just when it is sent through USPS?

·
Banned
3,636 Posts
Since the Ithaca 1911 factory has been out of business for some time I’m guessing the Ithaca guns referred to here are long guns.
3 Model 37 12 gauge Shot guns. I sent them over a 2 year period they replaced the Barrels
on 2 & internals on 1. I sent the USPS & they were sent back to me USPS with a signature
required.

I wish it was an Ithaca 1911. :happy:

·
Super Moderator
1,192 Posts
My experience is various gun manufacturers ship back and forth (repairs/upgrades) thru FEDEX or UPS. Only when I have bought a gun new did the seller ship USPS and that was FFL to FFL.

Reactions: Jwp

·
Dremel jockey
5,487 Posts
I don't know, I did send my Sig P250 back by USPS no FFL needed.
Why not contact the Co. you are sending it to? They should know.
I know as well.
I can read.
I've held an FFL for 35 years.

Reactions: Integrity Arms

·
Banned
1,853 Posts
I don't know about USPS. I always go FedEx Air. Both ways. Pick it up at my FedEx Station. Never a problem. Just insure the sh&% out of it. If they lose it they'll have to pay for 2.

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
I know as well.
I can read.
I've held an FFL for 35 years.
Yeah, but this is the Internet. Your real world credentials mean nothing here. (Sarcasm)

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
@Jwp, the gun manufacturer should provide you with a shipping label and/or shipping instructions. When the repairs are complete, the gun will be sent directly back to you via a UPS or Fed Ex. You'll need to be there to sign for it when it arrives.

Reactions: SparkyAZ and Jwp

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I don't know, I did send my Sig P250 back by USPS no FFL needed.

Why not contact the Co. you are sending it to? They should know.
I will ask, I was just on here and thought about it.

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
@Jwp, the gun manufacturer should provide you with a shipping label and/or shipping instructions. When the repairs are complete, the gun will be sent directly back to you via a UPS or Fed Ex. You'll need to be there to sign for it when it arrives.
Thank you!

·
Banned
1,853 Posts
Just a tip about shipping (anything). FedEx Air and Ground are really like 2 different company's. FedX Ground sucks compared to air. When I go ground I almost always go UPS. There Air sucks. Air = FedX, Ground = UPS, Go figure. IMHO.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.