1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
We Are!
2,800 Posts
Spreadsheet here too, with round-counts by gun and by date. As noted above, helps me keep up with spring changes. I also make any notes about stoppages if they occur.

Reactions: BennyAdeline

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
I keep a spreadsheet with multiple tabs. One tab called "Rounds fired" lists date and rounds shot - and includes a section for notes. It also subtracts the rounds shot from my "Ammo on hand" tab. FYI - My rounds shot tab is sectioned off by caliber. Lmao yes... I'm a little OCD but at any time I can tell you how many rounds each gun has shot, how much ammo I have, and how much money I've spent (I've considered deleting that tab hahahaha)
Screenshot_20181229-180437_Excel.jpg

·
We Are!
2,800 Posts
I forgot to mention - for each gun, I’ve also noted the purchase month / year / source, like “Sep 2018 - 1911 Addicts” for a gun I purchased from our Classifieds. Just to help me keep track and to make mention of in the occasional range report, etc. that I may post here or elsewhere.

·
We Are!
2,800 Posts
I keep a spreadsheet with multiple tabs. One tab called "Rounds fired" lists date and rounds shot - and includes a section for notes. It also subtracts the rounds shot from my "Ammo on hand" tab. FYI - My rounds shot tab is sectioned off by caliber. Lmao yes... I'm a little OCD but at any ti. E I can tell you how many rounds each gun has shot, how much ammo I have, and how much money I've spent (I've considered deleting that tab hahahaha)
View attachment 194737
Seeing this...you just may be my brother from another mother LOL!

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
I forgot to mention - for each gun, I’ve also noted the purchase month / year / source, like “Sep 2018 - 1911 Addicts” for a gun I purchased from our Classifieds. Just to help me keep track and to make mention of in the occasional range report, etc. that I may post here or elsewhere.
HAHA sounds like yours is similar to mine. I log every purchase and sale, including name, address, price, where I shipped it or where we met for exchange, etc lol

·
Premium Member
2,809 Posts
Heck no, I shoot to forget about spreadsheets and databases

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I keep a photo log/with notes of what I was practicing ( based on my goals for that day ).../ ...and since I am usually shooting my carry/competition gun it also gives me a ballpark round count. Put a date on target, etc ...keep it simple.

As an example on Thurs...I ran 3 basic fundamental drills...shots are center chest to a full sized silhouette target ( I use the ICE Qual target )...and I stayed at 7 Yds. I had 2 primary goals ...work on my grip and draw from holster and firing 2 shots ..../ then work on basic speed reload skills - position of gun, good proper finger/palm grip - on each mag I was changing, all that little stuff...( prior week's buddy match my reload drills were sloppy / and I tend to be a little slow out of holster,so when firing less than 3 rounds, I need to push myself - but if I rush, my grip is all over the place and scores go down...( building muscle memory).

Draw from Holster..and fire 2 Rds ...( 2.3 sec Max ) 60 rds

Draw From Holster ... and fire 4 - Speed Reload Fire 4 ( 7.3 Sec max time ) 96 rds

Draw from Holster ..Fire 3 - Speed Reload Fire 4 - Speed Reload Fire 5 ... ( 11.4 Sec max )... / But after I loaded all 3 mags, I mixed them up, closed my eyes and put one in gun, and 2 on belt ...so I didn't know where the 3 rd mag was vs 4 or 5 rd mag...( less predictable - keeps me from anticipating and counting ). 96 Rds

I score my target per ICE qual standards center chest...then next zone is -1, next -2, next -3 outside silhouette / any shot fired over the max time, I deduct another point.

When I'm done, I take a photo of target, put red circles around misses - make a note of score.../ I can keep that photo in an album on my phone ...for my reference. So its a log...but really easy to keep.

My primary gun is a 5" 1911 in 9mm ...and I use my own reloads / 115 gr FMJ bullet and its to the same recipe all the time. I keep reload logs separately in a spread sheet ( by caliber / mark boxes in inventory, etc.. ).
-------------
In my practice session - no pressure from my buddies shooting against me...but I missed 3 shots out of the 250 shots / no overtimes / all misses were in -1 zone..so about 99% and I can live with that any day ! Good day ...I got in a groove and it went well...( that doesn't happen every day ...trust me )...

·
Registered
259 Posts
I won't lie, my first thought when I saw the thread title was Star Trek:

(said in a William Shatner voice)
Shooters Log, range date 29 December Two Zero One Eight

:):):):)

On a more serious note. I tend to keep records and data on new or new-to-me firearms up to around the 500 round mark.

·
I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now
6,239 Posts
I just have a little notebook and I include the date, time, the gun, the number of mags, rounds and ammo used. I honestly haven't had a FTF or FTE in years so it more out of habit and spring change intervals more than anything

Reactions: WhoIsJohnGalt?

·
Fictional Western Sage
2,165 Posts
What is really pathetic is that I built my reloading component inventory sheet in Nov of 2013 when I bought a RCBS single stage press. All I had was the press/dies/scale. Wasn't able to put any primers on the sheet until April 12 of 2014 and no powder or bullets until May 4 of 2014. First entry on my reloading log was May 5 of 2014. Looking at them as of todays date, very comforting...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts