close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Shootin the 9mm Operator

Discussion in 'General 1911 talk' started by Shipwreck, Sep 2, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Shipwreck

Shipwreck Beretta & Hockey Fanatic

Aug 18, 2011
    Finally went and shot my Custom Shop Springfield 9mm Operator without the pachmeyer grips... Just plain Hogue grip panels, so I could enjoy the front strap checkering... Still haven't decided if the pachmeyers are staying off for good. But, I plan to leave them off for now.

Everytime I consider selling this gun to pay for something else I want - I lose those thoughts after a range trip. Gun is like a damn laser gun. Any variation is my hands shaking.

I had a couple of new 9mm Tripp mags I wanted to try today, and they worked 100% too! :thumb:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 2, 2011
  2. polizei1

polizei1 It WAS Quack

Aug 18, 2011
    Awesome! Sounds great and it sure looks great. If I had that, it would be my nightstand gun with an X300. :)

3. thecableguy

thecableguy I hate this addiction Supporting Addict

Aug 16, 2011
    Man that thing is freaking sweet. If you ever sell it you are going to regret it.

4. SkDmRkLcY

SkDmRkLcY Active Member

Aug 17, 2011
  5. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Schütze

Aug 17, 2011
    Ya basturd:tongueout:

6. Shipwreck

Aug 18, 2011
    I also shot a few mags thru one of my Beretta 92A1s :)

For self defense, I still prefer the 92s... But for just a pure range toy - this Operator is awesome :)

7. wade-19

wade-19 Global Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Aug 17, 2011
    I think you really should sell it.............

to me !!!!!!

8. Shipwreck

Aug 18, 2011
    Haha - about a month ago, I was considering it. I'd never take less than $2500 (I have 2 springer mags and 5 Tripp mags), however. MSRP was $3200, and I paid $2990.

You'd also have to move to TX, because I always sell face to face [​IMG]

However, its not forsale right now. Sorry :p

9. Sir Guy

Sir Guy Sharpening Ockham's Razor Supporting Addict

Aug 20, 2011
    Glad to hear it's still performing well. I suppose that's one way to talk yourself out of selling it, if you keep shooting it and enjoying it!

What would you say is the main difference in feel with the change in grips? I've heard many talk about the lift away from the frontstrap and such things.

Andy

10. knedrgr

knedrgr Low capacity, low tech...

Aug 15, 2011
    that thing is so Effing HAWT!

11. djackson

djackson Member

Aug 18, 2011
    like everytime ive seen the operator, wow. Love the railed 9mm operator :thumb:

12. Shipwreck

Aug 18, 2011
    Well, you can feel the checkering. IT is a bit sharp. And, the grips are thinner.

I like my doublestack beretta so much, that I am used to the fatter grip. And, the rubber kept my hand from moving anyway.

One thing that pushed me to the pachmeyers was my grip - one of my fingers of my left hand (I am right handed) sits right where the grips end, so it sits on a "seam" per se. I didn't like that, and it is a non issue with the pachmeyers, because my grip changes.

However, I will get used to these grips, as I have owned many 1911s before. So, I'm still giving it a chance...

13. Sir Guy

Sir Guy Sharpening Ockham's Razor Supporting Addict

Aug 20, 2011
    Gotcha. Thanks for the comments on them, my friend. :smilie:

Andy

14. rsxr22

rsxr22 Member

Aug 17, 2011
    so sexy! glad to hear it shot great

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted