1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
I do not consent.
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I discovered today that there is an active match shooting community around where I live. I was completely out of the loop. Had no idea. Been asking around gun stores and ranges for months. I went to where I thought there was a match last Sat but no one was there.

After that I emailed the range manager and asked if he could point me to a mail list or match posting or something. He kindly replied and pointed me to Uberscoremaster and the closed fb group for the local IDPA club. In the fb group I discovered IDPAMatchSignup.

Lo and behold, there are matches all over the place. I discovered there was an IDPA match last weekend (it was relocated), another this weekend and another for two more weekends after that. There could be two or three a month every month for all I know. And this doesn't count the Steel Challenge matches, which I am still discovering.

I'm very happy about this. I discovered two new shooting ranges in the process. I was really perplexed that, despite all the people I've asked, I couldn't find other pistol shooting enthusiasts nearby. Now I have. I knew they had to be around here somewhere ;-)

The local group seems pretty big and family-oriented. I saw male/female/young/old on the fb page. BTW @yrualeg1, a bunch of them went to the LA State Championship. I'm looking forward to meeting some of them this Saturday at a match just 20 minutes away. It doesn't get much better than that.

·
I do not consent.
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Of course if any of you Addicts ever get over here near the LA State line feel free to ping me. Every week I learn more about the recreational firearms facilities and opportunities in the area.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Tango, which part of LA are you located in? I’m next door in the ‘Sip so I’m pretty close and was just wondering. I’ve got a friend over there who shoots a lot of 3 gun matches

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
I do not consent.
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tango, which part of LA are you located in? I’m next door in the ‘Sip so I’m pretty close and was just wondering. I’ve got a friend over there who shoots a lot of 3 gun matches
I'm actually in the eastern part of Texas, about 80 mi from the LA state line.

I'll wave as I drive thru next week. I'm heading back to the ATL for a few weeks.

·
I do not consent.
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Awesome, in most cases, you'll not find a better group of folks to shoot with. Go have some fun.

~Rob
Indeed, they seem to be. I have "met" a few already via the fb group. Seem like the kinda folks I'd like to have a beer with. And there seem to be enough of 'em around that it isn't uncommon for there to be two different matches on some weekends. That's more like it.

This is Texas. That's what I expected.

·
NRA Lifer
273 Posts
Competition shooting, even with some local enthusiasts at non-sanctioned events, is an absolute blast (pun intended). I thought I was an expert shooter but found out quickly that I'm just average. Incredible speed and accuracy by some of these fellas. Also a great 'night out' to meet and greet like minded guys with a passion for Ka-Boom!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts