Short day at Stonewall

Discussion in 'Range Reports & Reviews' started by cogniscenti, Oct 6, 2011.

1. cogniscenti

cogniscenti Member

Aug 22, 2011
    I didn't have much time anyway, but I wanted to run some Speer Gold Dots through the ATI -- just to see how they fed and felt. In 12 rounds, I had one feed jam. Compare that to the, oh, I dunno... 500 or so rounds of Blazer Brass that I've run -- without a single feed jam.

All shots at 21 feet on some used cardboard:

[​IMG]

I still feel like something isn't quite right with the relationship between the sight picture, and what gets thrown down. Horizontal axis, it's close enough for my satisfaction. Vertically, it's inconsistent, and I don't know why. Id love to get some other hands on it to see if maybe it's just me.

2. duketbrd88

duketbrd88 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2011
    Stonewall use to have no "head shots" sticker on there cardboard girls...LOL. Nice, practice makes perfect, in my case I need lots of practice. What are you shooting?

3. jst1tym

jst1tym What No Delete Button? Supporting Addict

Aug 23, 2011
    I wish that my only outdoor range was a little less restrictive. We can only use their target, a bullseye plain vanilla target. After that, we are just allowed to paste the shoot-n-see over it and thereafter. Nothing else is allowed. I'd love to be able to shoot the human form targets! At least the range is super nice, we also have a 1 shot every 5 sec rule, no rapid firing. I haven't been there in awhile, maybe things have changed, I doubt it though, sadly..

4. duketbrd88

Sep 1, 2011
    That blows, but if they didn't have rules you probably wouldn't have a range to go to. There is always some a****** that blows it for everyone.

5. Quack

Quack it's mmm, mmm good... Staff Member Admin

Aug 15, 2011
    so are we going to try and meet up on sunday?

6. Blayglock

Blayglock Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 18, 2011
    What time Sunday?

7. Quack

Aug 15, 2011
    dunno. dunno if i'm can make it yet. flying home on saturday.

8. Hokie

Hokie Active Member

Aug 17, 2011
    I'm out....unless you guys are going late Sunday. I work until 5:30.

9. duketbrd88

Sep 1, 2011
    IDK if I can, was just informed by the wife of another damm birthday party for someone on her side which I could give two S***'s about, but you know how that goes. This nice weather were having, I also have a boat load of yard work to do. If you guys are going, what time? maybe I can shoot up there. I'm sick of women and there guilt trip BS. I will sell my wife for another 1911. Sorry, had to vent.

Bidding starts at $0.01 w/ a buy it now for $3,000 and free shipping!

10. limbkiller

limbkiller Pulling my hair. Supporting Addict

Aug 18, 2011
    Better give that pretty red head some time.

11. limbkiller

Aug 18, 2011
    Some days I'd give you 3,000 to take mine.:lol:

12. Quack

Aug 15, 2011
    well if it's nice this weekend (haven't looked) i'll probably be doing yard work on sunday as well because i'll be working all week again.

Gonna stop by Bobby's shop on Monday and drop off my Edge setup for him to use in a USPSA Limited gun.

13. Quack

Aug 15, 2011
    who me?

14. limbkiller

Aug 18, 2011
    yea duh

15. Hokie

Hokie Active Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Supposed to be sunny and damn near 80 degrees all weekend.

16. Quack

Aug 15, 2011
    i'll probably clean the stuff up around the house on sunday then.

17. TSiWRX

TSiWRX Member

Aug 21, 2011
    Depends on the cardboard print.

The ones where the heads are printed high (or perhaps the cardboard cut a bit low?), those will have the "No Head Shots!" warnings on them - to prevent yahoos from taking out the lines, or worse.

So when you go, if the cardboard lying on top reads that, just leaf through to the one underneath. The majority of the cardboard should not be marked.

:smile:

I haven't been there in about a month, though, so I dunno if that's changed!

18. cogniscenti

cogniscenti Member

Aug 22, 2011
    Yeah, this was used cardboard, looks like someone was hitting the head with .22s.

I'm running an ATI Titan 3.18" Stainless. I really like it, but I'm starting to see that it was definitely built to a price. I've got some Colt Defender replacement parts on order.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted