1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
One Too Many... ( Did I really just say that?) :eek:

I bought this from @Karl Beining in August for a potential build project.
( orig. post: https://www.1911addicts.com/threads/1973-colt-combat-commander-45-acp-clean.108091/ )
I also got a 1950 (Birth year) LW Commander in .38 super for the same reason.
Last week I found myself a Full size Colt .38 super for the same reason. It has been decided that the .38s are getting the "call to duty" so this Commander in .45 is odd gun out. I did take it to the range for some exercise and it ran just fine.
Bla, bla, bla.... end of story.

$1250 shipped until Monday morning... Withdrawn after that.
As it was offered up in August it shall be offered up now. $1400 obo (no trades, except Ted Yost guns)
***Note*** At no increase in price I have added some really upscale Altamont grips & a hard to find MecGar Mag. :roflmaro::roflmaro::roflmaro::roflmaro:
view the link above for original pics and some added ones below.

IMG_4399.jpg
IMG_4397.jpg
IMG_4398.jpg
IMG_4392.jpg
IMG_4393.jpg
IMG_4394.jpg
IMG_4396.jpg

·
Premium Member
4,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Very nice, ton of potential here.
That's what I thought when Karl offered it up. I wasted no time in securing it. I'll waste no sleep if it stays here with us.

·
Registered
6,756 Posts
The combat commander is beautiful and as time flies, should provide some lucky addict with their own birthyear Colt

Congratulations on the birthyear commander and in super38, not an easy Colt to find and then the cherry on top, gov't super. You're still on a roll.

GLWS

·
I'm a terminal 1911 Addict!
5,070 Posts
One Too Many... ( Did I really just say that?) :eek:

I bought this from @Karl Beining in August for a potential build project.
( orig. post: https://www.1911addicts.com/threads/1973-colt-combat-commander-45-acp-clean.108091/ )
I also got a 1950 (Birth year) LW Commander in .38 super for the same reason.
Last week I found myself a Full size Colt .38 super for the same reason. It has been decided that the .38s are getting the "call to duty" so this Commander in .45 is odd gun out. I did take it to the range for some exercise and it ran just fine.
Bla, bla, bla.... end of story.

As it was offered up in August it shall be offered up now. $1400 obo (no trades, except Ted Yost guns)
***Note*** At no increase in price I have added some really upscale Altamont grips & a hard to find MecGar Mag. :roflmaro::roflmaro::roflmaro::roflmaro:
view the link above for original pics and some added ones below.

View attachment 631717 View attachment 631719 View attachment 631721 View attachment 631723 View attachment 631725 View attachment 631727 View attachment 631729
:computer:

Reactions: mtkamark

·
Premium Member
4,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Premium Member
4,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Anyone want a Colt 1968 Lightweight Commander?
Well................ since you're offering it up here on this thread, I'll give ya tree-fiddy for it and you won't even have to write up a sale/trade listing.

·
Premium Member
4,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Three fiddy? I go three fiddy five. An extra five for the thread hijack
That's too rich for my blood.... I'm out. :(

·
Premium Member
4,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Price drop until Mon. morning.... if not sold, it will be withdrawn.

Reactions: Karl Beining
1 - 20 of 26 Posts