Shotgun or rifle for truck?

Discussion in 'Rifles & Shotguns' started by OldCuz, Aug 13, 2020.

1. retrieverman

retrieverman Well-Known Member

May 16, 2013
    I’ve got a Pre64 Winchester M70 in 270win in one truck and an Alexander Arms 17hmr AR in another.

2. rblondon

rblondon Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2018
    I was all over E. KY today; left home with a sidearm on the belt, the 870 slung beneath te seat protective cover on the back seat. Nothing to be see back there but dog dander and hair, flip the cover up, shotgun to hand. But when I cross state lines no long guns of any type. And in certain directions, nothing that holds more than 6-7-8 rounds on my body. I don't even want to take a chance on a LEO deciding to let a judge decide if it's 10 rounds only, or 10+1. I'd just as soon not stumble into a firearms felony. A shame our gun laws are such a patchwork of interpretation. But if you think the gun laws are hard to read, try stumbling your way through the knife laws of various states. Enough to make you wanna just stay home.

but that's just my methods.

3. jfrey

jfrey Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Oct 10, 2012
    Everywhere I go the G19 is in the console. When I am going to the ranch or such other places the Mini 14 Ranch Rifle is in the back seat. Double barreled coach gun is always beside the bed for those unexpected knocks in the night.

4. monadh

monadh Sapientiae Timor Domini Initium

May 8, 2012
    This is my trunk gun...

[​IMG]

I would be worried about too much power, so I am going with 9mm. If something might happen that requires more, I'm staying home that day.

Dub, WC145 and Glock2740 like this.
  5. *Double Diamond Colt*

*Double Diamond Colt* Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2020
    Cant go wrong with the Riflemans rifle in 270 got 3 of those 2 std and a featherweight

retrieverman likes this.
  6. Descartian

Descartian Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2017
    Monadh how have you liked that gun so far? I’ve been thinking of picking one up to play with.

OldCuz likes this.
  7. monadh

May 8, 2012
    I like it a lot. It is very easy to shoot groups with it, very little recoil, and the trigger on mine is very good. No malfunctions yet. I have replaced the cheap Bushnell red dot with an Aimpoint Pro.

I have had 2 CZ Scorpions, and there is no comparison between them and the AK-V.

OldCuz and gps man like this.
  8. Descartian

Descartian Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2017
    I’m very interested in one. I was hoping it was Going to be a piston gun vs delayed blowback. I wonder how it compares in recoil and accuracy to the SIG MPX in similar barrel length. I have the MPX PCC and can hit the X ring as fast as I can pull the trigger.

9. Wake27

Wake27 Active Member

Oct 16, 2017
    Yikes. I take it you’ve never shot any type of action shooting sport? Missing with a shotgun at close range isn’t as hard as people think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Glock2740

Glock2740 1911 addict Staff Member Moderator

Aug 16, 2011
    Easy call.
    12ga Mossy Shockwave

BE1A763D-FEE7-4DD5-BA72-90201447E63E.jpeg

ballistic64, joerockhead and OldCuz like this.
  11. Dub

Dub born in the wrong century

Mar 19, 2017
  12. OldCuz

OldCuz Raleigh NC Supporting Addict

Mar 22, 2020
  13. monadh

May 8, 2012
    I have one of those, and they are not limited. Nice thing about them, the flash and blast are enough to stun a BLM/Antifa riot

[​IMG]

Very accurate.

EDIT - OK, so it has a SBA3 brace and my Saint doesn't. Not sure that makes it "limited".

14. OldCuz

OldCuz Raleigh NC Supporting Addict

Mar 22, 2020
  15. gaijin

gaijin Well-Known Member

May 18, 2015
    "Truck gun" is there because a probability of engaging targets in other trucks/vehicles and/or at extended range exists.
    I'm taking a carbine/"AR Pistol".

16. Glock2740

Glock2740 1911 addict Staff Member Moderator

Aug 16, 2011
    What is that?

17. simonp

simonp Well-Known Member

May 27, 2016
    I wont speak to what you should or legally can carry in your vehicle in your location, I will say one can never have enough good shotguns and if things in November go badly the M1 variants with their wood stocks as opposed to black composite are going to be your good friend and best bet so why not get one now and start training with it.

Dub likes this.
  18. WC145

WC145 Every day is Saturday and every night's a party!

Jan 1, 2013
    My son-in-law picked one of those up a couple of weeks ago, he really likes it. As of late, my bag gun has been a CZ Scorpion.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Dub likes this.
  19. monadh

May 8, 2012
    It is a AK-V made by Palmetto State Armory. It is a 9mm pistol that uses readily available CZ Scorpion Evo mags, but PSA has redesigned the mags and made them more reliable and cheaper.

I bought this to replace a Scorpion Evo I gave to my daughter for her apartment, and frankly I like it much better.

6DB1F125-CA5B-4B61-9B34-350EE25C1778_1_201_a.jpeg

Dub, Guy Montag, simonp and 1 other person like this.
  20. Bender

Bender Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 15, 2011

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted