Should have known better

Discussion in 'General 1911 talk' started by 1811RET, Dec 22, 2018.

1. 1811RET

1811RET Active Member

Sep 17, 2018
    Last week I found and purchased a Detonics Combat Master MK VI, via an estate sale. Never been fired, like new, with box and pouch. I sent the funds to the seller and he said he would ship it immediately. My first thought was to tell him to wait until after Christmas to ship the pistol, but I didn't. He said he would ship Priority so that I (my FFL) would receive it by Thursday of last week. Well, that sounds good on paper, but the last tracking information, which was on Wednesday, showed it arrived at a distribution center in Indianapolis. Nothing since then and the Postal Service won't do anything until it has been "missing" for 7 days. What a crock. I am still holding out hope that I will get a notification next week that it has been delivered. Sorry. Just needed to rant.

2. ORShooter

ORShooter Just outsided the realm of Crazy!

Nov 28, 2018
    Keep in mind, with the Christmas rush going on, it may just be held up some place. Also, weather in some of the Eastern states, has been holding up the mail also. Hope it all works out for you!

Share pics when it makes it home!:D

ImperialBlade likes this.

3. Raylan Givens

Raylan Givens Never Forget

Aug 18, 2015
    Your first thought would have been correct. I have two I need to ship as well. But with scheduling and the crazy Christmas rush in play.... I'm going to wait another week. Don't need anything sitting anywhere over the holidays. Good luck.

simonp, FWoo45 and ImperialBlade like this.
  4. azguy1911

azguy1911 I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now

Oct 22, 2015
    It'll show, when is the question. Remember the USPS is a business that loses $4 billion a year. How well run could it be ?

FWoo45, WC145, ImperialBlade and 2 others like this.
  5. dakota1911

dakota1911 Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2015
    Then you will get it and they are fun to shoot if it is like the one I bought new in 1984. I did replace the wood stocks with the rubber grips.

[​IMG]

6. retrieverman

retrieverman Well-Known Member

May 16, 2013
    Every thing me or my wife has had shipped through the USPS in the last month has arrived a day to a week later than their projected ETA, and nearly every tracked package has gone “off the radar” at some point in the shipping process.

Personally, I wouldn’t be worried yet.

Mike Meints likes this.
  7. 1811RET

1811RET Active Member

Sep 17, 2018
    An update to the postal saga.....the pistol arrived in one piece on Christmas Eve. It appears even though it was an Express Mail 2 Day Delivery Guaranteed, it got place in the container for ground shipments instead of the one that goes air.
    The pistol came as advertised, never fired (as much as me or my gunsmith could tell), with box, manual, and case. It also had the wood grips and Pachmyers.
    Dakota, it looks just like the one you posted and I am looking forward to taking it to the range this weekend. I also ordered a pair of Alumagrips with the Detonics logo etched on them.
    Thanks to all for the encouraging response posts.

8. ORShooter

ORShooter Just outsided the realm of Crazy!

Nov 28, 2018
    Sweet! Very happy for you and that there were no other issues.

9. Mechanized

Mechanized He's a large "member" Supporting Addict

Sep 24, 2011
    We like happy endings to stories and massages

Lou1 likes this.
  10. pistolwretch

pistolwretch Dremel jockey Supporting Addict

Aug 26, 2011
  11. joerockhead

joerockhead "BOURBON" It's not just for Breakfast anymore ! Supporting Addict

Oct 12, 2011

Looks great..
    I've always wanted a Detonics… Don't know why actually... LOL

12. Babboonbobo

Babboonbobo Avatar is back to my favorite things!

Nov 18, 2014
    Excellent that it worked out for you, patience is definitely a virtue!
    I have received four very nice knives in the last week from all over the country and everyone of them arrive early by a day or two each time. I am very impressed by the service I’ve gotten on my orders.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted