1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So one of the VERY pistols I actually regret selling turned out to be the SA EMP4 CCC. It had some problems... the ejector stuck out the back of the slide a good 3mm, would FTF occasionally with certain ammo, and loved to jam open if not laid thick with oil...... But when this thing was working correctly I absolutely loved it, and still think it's one of the best looking 9mm 1911's you can buy for less than $3k.

So I'm considering picking up another one and sending it straight off to one of our friends here for mechanical and probably some cosmetic work as well. I would love to hear from anyone who's done work to their EMP's and what their experience has been, what work th
P19229LP_RAR.jpg
ey had done and how it's been since etc.... especially looking for pics!!!

GO!

·
Eddie Van Halen
6,921 Posts
I seem to be in the minority here. I have had no issues whatsoever with my EMP4. Every round has fired, slide returned to battery, locked open on empty mag, and all rounds fed as they should. With it being a production gun, I never took the time to look at the rear for protruding parts, but, if they did, it wouldn't bother me.

It really is a fun gat to shoot. For me, it is the ideal weight and size for a 9mm 1911. I like to feel a bit of recoil when shooting, and the smaller EMP delivers more than the government size 9mm 1911s.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
@Steve Owens built one

This is an EMP4 in 9mm I purchased this gun the very first month it hit the market and a year later they introduced the contour carry, which significantly reduced the value of the reg 4" So, I decided to bobtail the gun myself. The majority of the work to this was mostly cosmetic with the exception of a trigger job and some tuning of extractor and ejector. The gun was then refinished with duracoat, this has been well over a year and buyer is still happy with the finish.. Night sights replaced the horrible sights these guns come with as well. And I customized the original grips.. View attachment 181775 View attachment 181777 View attachment 181779 View attachment 181781 View attachment 181783 View attachment 181785 View attachment 181787 View attachment 181789 View attachment 181791

·
Registered
39 Posts
I've had the same experience as deadguy, no problems or malfunctions with my EMPs. With many things, I think that we hear about the few problems and infrequently hear about all of the other ones that function perfectly.

Reactions: limbkiller

·
Banned
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I seem to be in the minority here. I have had no issues whatsoever with my EMP4. Every round has fired, slide returned to battery, locked open on empty mag, and all rounds fed as they should. With it being a production gun, I never took the time to look at the rear for protruding parts, but, if they did, it wouldn't bother me.

It really is a fun gat to shoot. For me, it is the ideal weight and size for a 9mm 1911. I like to feel a bit of recoil when shooting, and the smaller EMP delivers more than the government size 9mm 1911s.
I've had the same experience as deadguy, no problems or malfunctions with my EMPs. With many things, I think that we hear about the few problems and infrequently hear about all of the other ones that function perfectly.
Probably my fault but I didn't mean to make this thread about the reliability of the gun from the factory.... I was more interested in hearing about customizations people have had done to this model ..... and pics!!!

·
I do not consent.
1,403 Posts
All I've done to mine is have John Harrison install a blacked-out rear sight and a Dawson f/o front, so the pictures aren't very exciting. But it shoots good. And it is a good-looking gun.

I might do a few things to it this summer, so it will be interesting to see what others have done. I'd like to install a flat trigger. The 10-8 website says they have discontinued theirs and are discontinuing all their EMP triggers. That's the only one I'm aware of. Brownells shows to have them in stock so I guess I better go ahead and buy it if I want it.

The other thing I'd like to do is delete the OEM ambi TS and install a Harrison TAC single-sided piece. I think this will work with just modifying the paddle, but I need to make sure.

I don't know what else I would do. What are you thinking about doing?

·
I do not consent.
1,403 Posts
Well, ok. Here's a couple of pics. I've posted these before and, as I said above, they aren't exciting because the only thing changed is the sights. But the EMP4 CC is a nice little companion for my V-Bob. And no one else has posted a picture yet so here ya go...

Bobtail-1.jpg

Bobtail-3.jpg

·
Consider my signature line before replying . . . .
14,799 Posts
I'm in for reports.

881 Posts
I had one for a short time but I had planned on putting a solid trigger, all black finish, and 10-8 style sights.

·
Eddie Van Halen
6,921 Posts
Probably my fault but I didn't mean to make this thread about the reliability of the gun from the factory.... I was more interested in hearing about customizations people have had done to this model ..... and pics!!!
My fault for derailing on the first reply. My apologies.

·
Consider my signature line before replying . . . .
14,799 Posts
There ya go . . .

·
Registered
275 Posts
Send it to Steve Owens and you'll probably be good. I've always wanted one of those.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

1 - 15 of 15 Posts