·
I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now
6,654 Posts
GI Frag with a lightrail, showing off with two separate groupings :ROFLMAO:

·
Premium Member
6,342 Posts
I think I must have some lousy pistols; none of them will do that! :rolleyes:
So you don't misunderstand, do I shoot like this all the time? NO. I have off days too.

When I thought I was going to shoot an IDPA match this month, I realized I hadn't shot weak handed in over a year. Went to our range and shot garbage weak handed. So back to dry firing.

Try it, it helps and it's the way I got started by Mike Harries in the 70s.

·
Chief Steward of Man Law
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #206 ·

·
Chief Steward of Man Law
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #207 ·

·
Vendor
2,682 Posts
That's good work. (y) (y)
Thanks. I posted that pic hoping some loud mouth that posts here would see it as he thinks a lot of the more popular non bullseye focused smith can’t build an exceptionally accurate gun and we all just focus on expensive fluff and only build guns for 10 yard shooters. Sadly, he either didn’t see it or has nothing to say. 🤣🤣

I don’t make bullseye guns. But I have fit about 1500 gunsmith fit barrels. 1200, give or take 100, were in a 2 year time frame 🤣🤣

·
Chief Steward of Man Law
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #210 ·
Thanks. I posted that pic hoping some loud mouth that posts here would see it as he thinks a lot of the more popular non bullseye focused smith can’t build an exceptionally accurate gun and we all just focus on expensive fluff and only build guns for 10 yard shooters. Sadly, he either didn’t see it or has nothing to say. 🤣🤣

I don’t make bullseye guns. But I have fit about 1500 gunsmith fit barrels. 1200, give or take 100, were in a 2 year time frame 🤣🤣
I'll never make claim to making the most accurate guns in the world. Not even close. And I've done, maybe 60 barrel installs. But I will say my pistols are more accurate than I am. And the first pic in this thread was all the proof I needed. ;)

And I have had a couple of your pistols in my hands but never got a chance to shoot one. Nonetheless, I was very impressed. And making that many, the quality aspect no doubt became automatic for you a long time ago. (y)

·
Vendor
2,682 Posts
I'll never make claim to making the most accurate guns in the world. Not even close. And I've done, maybe 60 barrel installs. But I will say my pistols are more accurate than I am. And the first pic in this thread was all the proof I needed. ;)

And I have had a couple of your pistols in my hands but never got a chance to shoot one. Nonetheless, I was very impressed. And making that many, the quality aspect no doubt became automatic for you a long time ago. (y)
I was very lucky to get some real world barrel fitting experience and have a boss that wanted the guns we put out to shoot. No guarantee on the box. Just a standard that we wanted or else they didn’t leave.

Getting to build about 35- 50 special combat governments a month was one of the most rewarding parts of my career. This is one of the last ones I built and the group is with off the shelf Remington Golden Saber. I wonder what it would have done at 25+ and with real target ammo.

It also has a drop in bushing and a frame and slide fit that rattles. I should have bought that one.

·
Registered
790 Posts
200 rounds with qualified 3 weapons hk vp9, hk usp 40, Taurus 905 9mm. Threw one round with the snub nose, not bad. Way past passing for the state. Then fun times.

·
Registered
211 Posts
This is my Les Baer Custom Carry 45acp and 50rds at these 5 targets. Well 45rds, 9 shots at each. Its shooting a little left at 10yds. Have had the sight pushed to the right a bit and need to get back to the range to see if its dialed in.
thumbnail_IMG_2430.jpg

·
Premium Member
6,342 Posts
I hung my old Kyocera Duraforce Pro up and took a shot from 25 yards with my Glock. It didn't catch the round, unfortunately. I think it might have if I'd hit it dead center, but the bullet first punched through the screen and its underlayments, then deformed a layer of sheet metal behind the screen and the battery behind it before deflecting down and out. I was unable to find the bullet. The phone stayed almost entirely intact, internal damage notwithstanding. The silicon cover probably helped with that. Interesting that it did not punch through the rear of the phone, though. If it hadn't turned and deflected, I think there's a good chance it would have retained the bullet.

View attachment 721017 View attachment 721018 View attachment 721019 View attachment 721020
Darn!! Forgot to take the Vista Laptop to the range today! I think I need to put it on top of my shooting bag!

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
IMG_2240.JPG
IMG_2239.JPG

From a class on Sunday, to be honest these were the best of the day, as the heat and afternoon wore on I slipped.

One was slow fire from 15 yards the other was draw from the holster and fire under 3 seconds both were shot using a Jardine full house built in 1995.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
17,730 Posts
Wilson Combat CQB 45ACP, 15 yards, 8 rounds, Federal 230gr. FMJ

WissonCombatCBQ15yds[1].jpg

Ed Brown Kobra Carry 45ACP, 15 yards, 9 rounds, Federal 23gr. FMJ, Called far left shot.

EdBrownKobraCarry15yds[1].jpg

Nighthawk Talon II 45ACP, 15 yards 7 rounds, Federal 230gr, FMJ

NighthawkTalon15yds[1].jpg

Les Baer Comanche Stainless 45ACP, 7 rounds, Federal 230gr. FMJ. Called the first shot low.

LesBaerComanche15yds[1].jpg

Les Baer Comanche Stainless 45ACP, 11 rounds @ 7 yards, quick pace, with magazine change.

LesBaer7yds_11rds_reload[1].jpg

201 - 220 of 222 Posts