1911 Firearm Addicts banner

241 - 260 of 271 Posts

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
Today I took out my DW A2 and LB Premier II. I fired five magazines, 40 rounds, at each target. The A2 is the left target. I allowed myself 20 seconds to fire each mag at 50 feet. I am thoroughly convinced that currently these are my two most accurate 1911's and my A2 is my favorite.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I tried shooting a qual course on the little dimensional reference that's next to the full size target. The course starts at 1.5 yards from the hip and eventually makes its way back to 25 yards with all rounds shot against the timer. I did not achieve a passing score. Doggone hip shooting accounted for three of those misses.

Edit to add: shot with a bone stock Glock 19 Gen 5. This was a 6" tall silhouette target, whereas the qual is meant to be shot on a full man-size target.

PXL_20210608_205610872.jpg

·
Premium Member
6,974 Posts
9mm DW Guardian @ 887 yards. Dominate eye covered with pirate eye patch while standing on wooden leg and holding parrot on weak side arm and going on 2 weeks with zero booty.

Next time add: shooting over your shoulder with a mirror! :)

When I was younger, I actually worked at shooting a 1911 upside down, pulling the trigger with my pinky. I ought to try it again!

·
Registered
Former RoofRat, mostly
442 Posts
Here’s a target from last month. A Glock 22 .40 S&W, some of the internals have been replaced, striker, barrel (Wilson Combat), connector, has a Burris Fast Fire3, and a inexpensive compensator on the front. It has the least Amount of recoil impulse of all of my pistols including my 2- 6” STI Target Master pistols.

...Ron

·
Registered
151 Posts
Here’s a target from last month. A Glock 22 .40 S&W, some of the internals have been replaced, striker, barrel (Wilson Combat), connector, has a Burris Fast Fire3, and a inexpensive compensator on the front. It has the least Amount of recoil impulse of all of my pistols including my 2- 6” STI Target Master pistols.

View attachment 765766

...Ron
I'm glad I'm not the only guy throwing up Glock or Sig targets.

Reactions: RSCamaro

·
Registered
Former RoofRat, mostly
442 Posts
I'm glad I'm not the only guy throwing up Glock or Sig targets.
I shoot as many types of pistols as I can. I don't usually take snapshots of the less accurate pistols I own. Maybe I should change that, maybe others will follow suit. I won’t be rolling out to 25yds though, well maybe with my Smith revolvers.

...Ron

241 - 260 of 271 Posts