1911 Firearm Addicts banner
301 - 320 of 358 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,209 Posts
The first target is my 9mm 115gr. FMJ AutoComp load. The second is the same bullet over WSF and the top two holes are the first rounds fired and I adjusted my hold for the last eight. The last is a 115gr. Speer TMJ with the WSF load. The first two rounds were low and again I adjusted. This is at exactly 25 yards and while I am thankful for backup powders like WSF, I will load my 9mm target rounds with AutoComp. All three loads shoot, but the drastic point of impact shift with what should be very similar loads is exactly why doing this stuff remains interesting, if not scientific.

·
Registered
966 Posts
My Best effort 60rounds at 10,20,30,&50 Ft. 596/600
View attachment 788923 View attachment 788923
Good shooting..one day out of the blue.. took the G19 out.. with 4 mags.. decided on rapid fire , 4 mags,, as fast as I can,, did the Routine,, “shooter ready,, shooter,,”BEEP”.. off I went.. first Five a little high,, adjusted point of aim, let the rest go.. so there it is.. looks OK..,
Circle Holiday ornament Font Symbol Emblem

·
Registered
966 Posts
Good shooting..one day out of the blue.. took the G19 out.. with 4 mags.. decided on rapid fire , 4 mags,, as fast as I can,, did the Routine,, “shooter ready,, shooter,,”BEEP”.. off I went.. first Five a little high,, adjusted point of aim, let the rest go.. so there it is.. looks OK.., View attachment 788941
Hey Mert,, my son’s got a target just like that one hanging in his garage,, only diff… his first 5 are low.. the rest took out the 10 ring. Took him shooting when he was 8. He started with the Ruger MK 1 22. That kid was a Natural. Today he shoots A Springfield 1911 operator. I gotta fully concentrate to beat or tie him.. guess I’m getting old..🇺🇸🌵😎

·
Premium Member
1,209 Posts
Hey Mert,, my son’s got a target just like that one hanging in his garage,, only diff… his first 5 are low.. the rest took out the 10 ring. Took him shooting when he was 8. He started with the Ruger MK 1 22. That kid was a Natural. Today he shoots A Springfield 1911 operator. I gotta fully concentrate to beat or tie him.. guess I’m getting old..🇺🇸🌵😎
I have worn glasses for being near-sighted since I was five years old. With my glasses I have wonderful vision, but now in my 40's I am just starting to notice the slightest dip and the black-on-black sights that used to be my favorite can be a little fuzzy at times. I always thought an exemption would be made for me, but it turns out I'm getting old as well.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I went out to sight in a suppressed rifle and didn't take my hearing protection. I decided at the end I wanted to shoot my P365 at 100yds, but of course, it wasn't suppressed. I treasure my hearing. So I knelt and plugged my left ear with my left hand and mashed my right ear up against my shoulder to make this shot. It ended up about 16" below my point of aim, but I'm pretty happy considering the position I was in at the time.
Facial expression Handwriting Human body Font Circle

·
Registered
966 Posts
I went out to sight in a suppressed rifle and didn't take my hearing protection. I decided at the end I wanted to shoot my P365 at 100yds, but of course, it wasn't suppressed. I treasure my hearing. So I knelt and plugged my left ear with my left hand and mashed my right ear up against my shoulder to make this shot. It ended up about 16" below my point of aim, but I'm pretty happy considering the position I was in at the time. View attachment 790764
I hear ya ,, at least I think I hear ya.. I got 70% of my hearing lost.. and .. IT SUCKS,, probably loud Noisy working conditions,, guns,, Harley’s,, all I can say is TAKE CARE OF YOUR HEARING.

301 - 320 of 358 Posts