1911 Firearm Addicts banner
321 - 340 of 359 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,229 Posts
How far was the paper Mert, never shot a propane tank..or a gas can,,??.. I have shot explosive targets.. at 100 yards..
The paper was at 20-25 yards. I guess that was my "warm up", or something. The gas can I found in the woods a couple years ago, already shot. The propane tank was empty when it was first shot. I personally wouldn't shoot either if they had fuel in them at all and I definitely wouldn't do it right now while in the middle of fire season. They are small enough to be a challenge at that distance, large enough to actually hit and make a distinct sound that is undeniable when you connect.

Even in that pit, I wouldn't shoot anything purposely explosive or flammable right now.

·
Registered
994 Posts
I have worn glasses for being near-sighted since I was five years old. With my glasses I have wonderful vision, but now in my 40's I am just starting to notice the slightest dip and the black-on-black sights that used to be my favorite can be a little fuzzy at times. I always thought an exemption would be made for me, but it turns out I'm getting old as well.
Can’t see the front site anymore,, rears just a blob.. my brain points the gun.. nail a couple shots,, adjust point of aim.. cut lose the rest..maybe a fancy red dot would help.. I can see the dot.. 😉🇺🇸

·
Registered
994 Posts
The paper was at 20-25 yards. I guess that was my "warm up", or something. The gas can I found in the woods a couple years ago, already shot. The propane tank was empty when it was first shot. I personally wouldn't shoot either if they had fuel in them at all and I definitely wouldn't do it right now while in the middle of fire season. They are small enough to be a challenge at that distance, large enough to actually hit and make a distinct sound that is undeniable when you connect.

Even in that pit, I wouldn't shoot anything purposely explosive or flammable right now.
Good Man Mert…empty is all good,, and fun.. but,, that shooting area looks great.. I could setup my iron pigs and chickens.. shot the ram with AP’s.. left it out the for someone else to shot…😄

·
Premium Member
1,229 Posts
This morning I think I finalized my 9mm 90gr. XTP load. In the first photo the DW Vigil is the top target, the STI the bottom. The top targets were fired from 30 yards and the bottom I backed up to 40. This load is very easy to shoot and theoretically what I'd like to have in my 9mm for pests.

·
Chief Steward of Man Law
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #328 ·
A couple hours of range time tonight with pistols. (I been playing with the new rifle too much lately and the .45s were getting jealous) So I set a few goals:
1. Get rid of the trigger jerk I seem to have developed lately and see if active muffs are better than the North Sonic IIs I been using for years. (Success. Took a little focus on what I was doing and the active muffs helped)
2. Test the accuracy reliability and consistency of the 123gr LRN-HP .45s I loaded for home defense. (Success. The seem plenty accurate and consistently so. No hiccups in 50 rnds fired except for 5 in a new mag that has not been tuned yet.)
3. Prove that I can still shoot iron sights as well as dots. (Ok. Jury is still out on this one. You tell me. All shots at 30 feet top targets are 123 gr LRN-HP bottom are 155gr LSWC. Right targets shot with Ugly Betty with a Vortex Venom, right with Legacy Twin with Bomar BMCS)

About 50 rnds total with the 123s and 100 of the 155s.

·
Known Agitator
3,172 Posts
Weird going to the range without a 1911... Target was at 28 steps, so 20 yards? Holes marked red were from my Ruger .45 LC, the rest were the last few mags (2?) of the day through my Glock 45.

·
Chief Steward of Man Law
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #334 ·
Stoked about this one. 30 rounds in a 2” hole at 30’. P80 g17 build with a Holosun 507c Vulcan ACSS and the Timney trigger
View attachment 797003
I heard those Timney triggers were the cat's ass for Glocks. Obviously yours agreed with you. Well done. 👍

Reactions: Dub

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
I heard those Timney triggers were the cat's ass for Glocks. Obviously yours agreed with you. Well done. 👍
It’s got a very different feel. It’s an interesting design. The take up is a bit clunky but that may just be in my p80 build. I would love to feel one tuned by Johnny Glock. I’m sure TTI does good work on them but won’t send them any money.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Around 17-18 yards. 5 rounds with a rifle, 16 with a pistol from 5 different unconventional shooting positions: on the back (situp position), fetal position left and right, prone and supine. Also includes multiple pistol rounds aimed with non-dominant eye from fetal position (the cool kids call it "urban prone" these days).
Rectangle Font Line Art Circle

·
Premium Member
1,229 Posts
I had already fired 20 rounds of .32H&R into this target, then I fired 24 rounds of .45acp through it out of my Kimber Custom II. The MIM parts don't build the most confidence, but this gun has been entirely reliable and consistent as well. The distance on all shots fired was exactly 20 yards.

·
Registered
5,252 Posts
Load development on one of my carbines

Recreation Natural material Circle Symmetry Pattern

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

321 - 340 of 359 Posts