1911 Firearm Addicts banner
341 - 359 of 359 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
i was a buyer, "at first sight", when i saw the video reviews and the pictures.

i try not to ever let critics sway my opinions or thoughts on what I like.

it's a 1911, with slim grips, i think they are a plastic like material. i can get my hand around the grips with no problems.

the squared trigger guard is not a problem, my fingers can rest under it, or, the left hand can wrap around the right (shooting hand)

it has the rear sight like the hellcat, U-shaped.

it NEVER failed to feed, NEVER failed to fire, NEVER failed to extract, NEVER failed to eject.

i have only 150 rounds thus far, more next week,

i shot 50 rds, FMJ S&B, and 100 rds, FMJ Winchester white box.....

the take down is easy, for my first time doing, since we need that little tool, to capture the RSA, or a paper clip.

it came from the factory lubed, so i could have just taken it to the range the same day i got it, but me, being me, i took it home, striped it, cleaned, and lubed it...lol

sadly, the LGS was selling it at FULL retail.....but hey, i paid more for my 2 Dan Wessons, and my Korth revolver....

comes with 2 , 8 rd mags, and the RSA tool.

the LGS only had 2, one was sold when i got there, then this one.....

i wasn't going to second guess any thoughts or hesitating on buying it NOW.......

i could not be any happier with it's performance, as well as mine.

in time, i will get better groupings like on all my other 1911's...

also, this makes it my 3rd S/A 1911.

·
Premium Member
1,229 Posts
i was a buyer, "at first sight", when i saw the video reviews and the pictures.

i try not to ever let critics sway my opinions or thoughts on what I like.

it's a 1911, with slim grips, i think they are a plastic like material. i can get my hand around the grips with no problems.

the squared trigger guard is not a problem, my fingers can rest under it, or, the left hand can wrap around the right (shooting hand)

it has the rear sight like the hellcat, U-shaped.

it NEVER failed to feed, NEVER failed to fire, NEVER failed to extract, NEVER failed to eject.

i have only 150 rounds thus far, more next week,

i shot 50 rds, FMJ S&B, and 100 rds, FMJ Winchester white box.....

the take down is easy, for my first time doing, since we need that little tool, to capture the RSA, or a paper clip.

it came from the factory lubed, so i could have just taken it to the range the same day i got it, but me, being me, i took it home, striped it, cleaned, and lubed it...lol

sadly, the LGS was selling it at FULL retail.....but hey, i paid more for my 2 Dan Wessons, and my Korth revolver....

comes with 2 , 8 rd mags, and the RSA tool.

the LGS only had 2, one was sold when i got there, then this one.....

i wasn't going to second guess any thoughts or hesitating on buying it NOW.......

i could not be any happier with it's performance, as well as mine.

in time, i will get better groupings like on all my other 1911's...

also, this makes it my 3rd S/A 1911.

View attachment 809454
Thank you for the reply. I am glad you enjoy it and I hope you continue to. I hope it is a sign of things to come from SA and that they continue to adjust their lineup to the wants and needs of their customer.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Trying out my new AIWB setup. This was shot from concealment at 3 yards. Shot placement isn't stellar, but I'm pretty pleased with the time since I'm shooting from concealment, and the accuracy is good enough for that distance. Next goal: A-zone hits at 7yds in that timeframe.
Hand Sleeve Finger Tartan Gadget
Outerwear Tartan Dress shirt Fashion Sleeve
Font Symmetry Circle Rectangle Pattern

·
born in the wrong century
5,900 Posts
Added an RMR to my P DPO. 3.25 MOA version.

First red dot usage for me....getting acclimated at 10 yds.

Running the gun through doubletaps & Mozambiques. As much of an attempt to break-in the gun as well as get acclimated to using a red dot.

Didn't do any type of zero attempt after mounting the RMR....just went and shot it.

This Staccato has run flawlessly for me other than one time when I short-stroked the trigger during reset...tyring to get cute with it while picking off the hanging chads on the ragged center mass hole.

Even though it's setup with a heavier trigger with duty/carry use in mind...the gun is seems to be accurate (I need to try from a rest and see what it truly can do) and recovers swiftly from recoil.....dot finds it's way right back onto the target before the slide fully clunks into battery.

It's one of the guns I think I'll look back and realize it was a catalyst for my development as a shooter and my capability growing. In part is the optic...and the rest being attributed to the weapon itself.

Just gotta get the X300a mounted and a pair of holsters configured. One is an OWB that'll get some range use. The other is an IWB that'll be worn AIWB. "Why yes, Darlin'....that is quite a bulge below my belt....". :p

Range sessions with this gun are over too fast....all my ammo converted into empty brass before the smoke can clear.

Folks....if you havne't given a 2011 or 2011-ish pistola a try....you owe it to yourself. It is grin inducing......and who among us couldn't use more grins. 👍(y)(y)

I gave the 9mm a rest on my last range trip and just took a pair of Baer .45's. Same 10rd fun....my eyes had been spoiled by the RMR and were pissed at me.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Test shot several SIGs with a Rep at the range last weekend. Shot a SIG P938 in 9mm, basically a 1911 micro compact, 3" barrel, steel slide & barrel, Alum alloy frame. 10 rounds at 10 yards. he tried to set it at 5 yards, I told him that's like cheating, and pushed it out to 10 yards

Attachments

341 - 359 of 359 Posts