SHTF Rifle

Discussion in 'AR Forum' started by JNW, Apr 2, 2020.

1. gaijin

gaijin Well-Known Member

May 18, 2015
    Yes MRO.

I have astigmatism too, but the newer, hi def or whatever MROs are supposedly much better re. the “bloom”/starburst.
    The one in pic is an older, not hi def model, but with my eyes is still very useable.

2. Bender

Bender Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 15, 2011
    A red dot is not the best optic for those with astigmatism

3. monadh

monadh Sapientiae Timor Domini Initium

May 8, 2012
    That’s why I have green dots

4. Bender

Bender Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 15, 2011
    ha....good one

was meaning dots in general
    A variable power scope generally works better with astigmatism

5. gaijin

gaijin Well-Known Member

May 18, 2015
    This^ or an etched reticle Dot Scope

6. monadh

monadh Sapientiae Timor Domini Initium

May 8, 2012
    I can see green pretty clearly, but if too bright it can flare. For my AK, I have a Primary Arms 1-6x24 ACSS scope. The reticle is etched on the glass, and it is the clearest of all.

7. JNW

JNW Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2017
    I sent the Eotech back. Yes, it kind of would work out to 50 yards, but I'm not a "kinda works" kinda guy. I looked at an ACOG yesterday and the little 1.5X are very nice. I still need to find an Aimpoint Pro and an MRO HD to look through. I'm seriously considering a Primary Arms GLX 2x ACSS prism. The prism optics are much nicer to look through for me. The local Cabela's had a $200 Vortex rifle red dot they had me look through. Irritating that the dot had the least bloom of any red dot I've ever looked through. Also looked through a Burris prism optic and I don't know if it had been dropped or what, but the view was completely out of focus and the dot looked like a Rorschach test or blood splatter. The prism optics are nice because everything is actually in focus for me.
    Jeff

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted