1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
1911 Pistol Smith
9,990 Posts
If your talking about for their P line of pistols then I have heard mostly positive feedback on those such as conversion barrels.

·
chicken wings
1,729 Posts
I was going to buy a Sig 1911 threaded barrel at one point but saw it was Made in Korea. I can’t prove it now but swore I saw it said that.

·
Banned
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I read that somewhere in another post while searching before posting.

Aside from not being made in the USA, would that hold any particular significance?

·
chicken wings
1,729 Posts
I read that somewhere in another post while searching before posting.

Aside from not being made in the USA, would that hold any particular significance?
Not really. I have owned one of the original Sig 1911 Scorpions and it was really semi custom feeling. Smooth action. More accurate than I was. I was only picky because I am a Made In USA when I can type but no, their barrels are pretty good. A preferred barrel by most would be a Kart barrel.

·
Banned
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh I know Kart is typically good. As is Barstow and the others people typically use.

Sig has a sale for their .38 Super barrels for $29.99 vs $189.99. So I was curious as to why they were so cheap and whether or not anyone had used them before.

For what its worth, I have a Springfield Armory TRP that was worked on by John Harrison. This included new Kart barrel, bushing, ignition system and so on. It can't hold candle to how accurate the gun was bone stock. Bone stock, that TRP was still to this day the most accurate gun I've ever shot. I have a Wilson Combat, Les Baer, Nighthawk, ACW, and used to have an Ed Brown and not 1 of them could touch the accuracy of the TRP. Replacing the barrel and other parts are probably my biggest regret as far firearms are concerned.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Hi
If the barrel was made in Korea or made by a Korean company...
I bet it was made by Darsan, which actually has a nice plant outside of Atlanta.
They make excellent barrels and I'm using 2 of them in 45Auto builds.
One of their barrels for $29 would be a no-brainer for me, if I could use it!

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Sig is getting out of 38 super and 40S&W in their 1911 line. so they're selling off the extra bbl.'s etc. The barrels are good quality, I've used a couple in builds that customers supplied and both guns shot under 2" at 25 yds. There a W/N ramped cut

·
I'm a terminal 1911 Addict!
5,217 Posts
Has anyone used aftermarket Sig 1911 barrels? Are there any issues with them?
Installed a Sig 38 Superb in this STI Hawk and the original 9mm barrel hasn’t seen the light of day.
Paid $49 for it on EBay
CB32FE44-4554-42C2-8EB6-657ED1689281.jpeg

980F7513-E22B-44FB-A5D7-8FA09C50BBA7.jpeg

·
Banned
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the reply guys. I went ahead and ordered 2. For $29.99 why not?

I figured if I ever get another 9mm I'll already have the barrel to convert it.

Hell I might go ahead and order 1 or 2 more.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Actually it's Dasan industries that is based in korea and has a US plant near Atlanta. Their barrels are quite good. They also have made 1911 frames for different companies such as PSA. Very nice forged frames

·
Registered
970 Posts
Hi,
Yes, I heard some of the big name parts makers were using their barrels.
I mean with CNC equipment it's all in the programming and the materials used.
How hard can it be?

·
I'm a terminal 1911 Addict!
5,217 Posts
Thank you. 1 more question if I may. These are government model barrels I'm assuming and won't fit a commander model? Correct?
Yes
There are 5” Nowlan/Wilson ramped barrels.
If you wanted to cut the barrel down to Commander length, and install a
correctly sized bushing, It may work.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Hi,
I don't see why you could not cut the barrel back the dia. of the barrel looks consistant (no cut behind bushing)

Don't see why you could not cut, recrown, and order a angle bore bushing from EGW and put it together?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I just bought one these barrels to put in my RIA compact frame w/fusion 38 super slide for home grown CCO. The barrel diameter is reduce behind the bushing area. I'm going to order another for my old plate gun. When having a very tight budget it's worth it to me. It dang sure looks better quality than the swenson barrel I have.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Looking for recommendations on a Smith to fit one of these barrels to my colt 9MMS frame. Also needing barrel cut to commander length,fit bushing,link pin. Etc. Any thoughts?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts