1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
I got the opportunity to meet Max a couple years ago and he's a very pleasant individual to talk to.
Sig should make a 1911 in their Mastershop, home of the x5 and x6 pistols.

·
BIG OL' BALD HAID !
3,291 Posts
Seriously,I read the spec sheet on the pistol and 1713.00 MSRP FOR A SIG !!!!!! :eek:
Maybe one of the X series pistols for that range,but seriously,1.7 k for a SIG? :der:

Considering the QC problems that SIG has been having over the past couple of years,I'd get a Les Baer UTC or TRS LONGGGGG before I'd even consider a SIG for over a grand.

DAT85

Reactions: WWB

·
BIG OL' BALD HAID !
3,291 Posts
wait until you see the pics of a $3200 226.
Does it come with it's own UDT team?

I guess PT BARNUM was right after all ! :grin:

DAT85

·
Premium Member
4,303 Posts
Well, it does have a semi flat trigger on it, so I kind of like it.

But for that price, I'll pass.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought the max 1911. The slide was not smooth and the trigger was awful. I had to rack the slide for a couple of weeks to get the slide smooth. With help I found the firing pin and firing pin lock was the problem. You could push down on the firing pin lock, there was resistance at first, then it would break free. I ordered a Dawson precision firing pin and the problem went away. Long story short I took SIG's armorer class so I could buy Sig parts. They wouldn't sell me the two parts. The most I've ever spent on a pistol. Not happy..

·
It is a dry heat, right...
3,781 Posts
4 1/2 year old thread?
Took you this long to join and pitch your bitch?
Anyhow, welcome Oldmanmt9... hope your next 1911 purchase works out better for you?

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
I got the opportunity to meet Max a couple years ago and he's a very pleasant individual to talk to.
Not much coming out of Sig Germany. The German plant is a ghost town. Plus, the German government stopped Sig's ability to export.

The American custom shop doesn't build guns so that's out :(

·
Regular Forces
664 Posts
Thats the only thing holding me back fr getting a sig 1911. It does not look like a 1911 to me hehe but i like the "squarish" slide though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Watch the classifieds for my Scorpion. I'm getting ready to move it. It will be a great price.

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
I was fortunate to shoot with Max on a couple occasions. Nice guy, and funny too.

·
I gotta have more cowbell
3,484 Posts
All sig 1911s have external extractors.
You know, that used to matter to me for quite a while. Maybe it doesn't bother me because I alread have some that are as JMB intended.

The thoughts of a Pistol Dynamics 1911 by Paul Liebenberg are racing through my head nowadays. Any discussion of external extractors send my brain in his direction. Good thing I don't have any money....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts