1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own several Sig's and I really like them(after R.Burke has his way with them). I'd like some options on there 1911's. I heard somewhere that they are not true 1911's. Love or hate? Or neutral?

·
Live everyday as it is your last
1,586 Posts
As I am stuck with the moniker Sig Sauer STX, it was the pistol I cared when I joined the forum.

It was a nice production pistol with a few weird design choices. The slide serrations through the nitride especially on the slide top was not a good idea.

The pistol functioned fine but has been passed on.

A lot of features for the price

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Owned a bunch of different ones
SIG STX is still in the safe and I'm sure it's had one I just don't ever remember it happening (Malfunction)
But a 40 Match Elite (proper 1911 slide profile) last Nov when SIG started purging their 1911 40's. Bought for 650.00 out the door , couldn't pass it up for that.
It has run with out failures of any kind, and actually feeds a little smoother with 10 round mags than the gun I built. (Slight difference in ramp angles)

So all that said I like them for production guns!

·
On The Lost Highway
267 Posts
I like em just fine.

Sig 1911s.jpg

I have the Sig Scorpion Fastback, Sig C3, and Sig Ultra.
The Ultra and C3 have slim bushings and grips for pocket carry. The Fastback has rubber grips for Mexican Carry.
All of them were 100% right out of the box and continue to function flawlessly.
The fit and finish is outstanding for a production pistol.

·
chicken wings
1,589 Posts
Sig does a lot of doofy marketing things but with their 1911 line they did their Sig spin on the classic. I approve evolution of the gunline. If I wanted a classic I’d go Colt (which I did). But as a toy or as a self defense, their 1911s are sleepers.

·
Premium Member
573 Posts

Still got one, had 'funky' finish on the slide (FDE or something), that discolored in a black leather lined Garrett Industries kydex holster; SIG redid it, changed out the grips;

Still got it, shoots and feel fine, just not one of the top 20 that I choose to carry or shoot much;

Other than the finish, never had an issue;

As it once was (bottom) - As it sits (and I mean sits) top;

·
Registered
601 Posts
Scorpion owner here! I got it new in box with extra barrel that was threaded and 5 mags i was hesitant but the price was right and so is the pistol ?

·
Registered
489 Posts
I have a C3. Looks great. Feels great. Shoots great. I’m not bothered by the slide design or external extractor. I see the slide design as a ‘self-homage’. And why not? Their P-series pistol are iconic so why not leverage that and tie the two lines together? It’s not ‘pure’, but it’s not horrible, either (IMO). I also think they’d fit most holsters other that the most finely molded ones. (I use kydex for “Commander”, not for “Sig Commander” - no issue.)

·
I gotta have more cowbell
3,479 Posts
A buddy has a Sig 5” gun. I’m not sure if the model. But it has the best factory trigger I’ve tried on a factory 1911, with no mods. It is also a tack driver and runs very nicely. Honestly, I used to be anti external extractor, but not anymore. As I age I’m more about function and his SIG rings that bell.

·
Your ad goes here for $20/month or $200/year
385 Posts
I had a first generation RCS. It was a piece of junk rattle trap that I couldn't get rid of fast enough. Took a beating on it just to get rid of it. Should I give Sig another try? Maybe. But I doubt I will.... there are so many other choices.

·
الواحد
804 Posts
One of first loves was a SIG GSR

Had a TACOPS that was super smooth and great to shoot and miss it.

Shot a Sig Extreme in league bullseye and did really well.

They would be an extremely recommended 1911 if they would have started with some standard 1911 things like the slide shape and standard extractor. I think those things threw 1911 purest and making it difficult to get holsters.

·
Premium Member
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
All the inputs have been great. I just can't believe how many models they have cut from there 2020 line. Weird.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts