1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So last night after our classifier match was over, one of our shooters busted out his SIG MPX suppressed 9mm...oh sweet baby Jesus...He's trying to get me killed, the Minister of Finance would never approve that expenditure...but...... :)

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That was full sound, I was not wearing ANY ear pro it was flipping awesome. Michael ( the MPX owner) he is completely hearing impaired but still wears ear pro and even he didn't have any on.

·
Shooter Ready.....Stand By!
1,536 Posts
Yea!!! I want one...:cool:

·
Si vis pacem, para bellum
2,329 Posts
I was just on their site. With it being an 8 inch barrel, is this a sub gun that needs special permits to buy?

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's a pistol, that will require a Tax Stamp for an adjustable stock,(which this one has) if you get one of the "arm braces" I think you're good. The Suppressor most definitely. So there is an extra $400 clams added to price for the honor of a stupid little 1934 stamp for the actual stock and can.

·
Si vis pacem, para bellum
2,329 Posts
^^^thats what I thought, but I wasn't sure. Thanks

Reactions: yrualeg1

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So my assistant match director Doug made this silly video about his SIG MPX Pistol caliber carbine (PCC)...I think I have actually driven him over the edge and now he has too much time on his hands....NSF language and brief nudity (not really)

·
820 Posts
Curious to know how much gas you got in the face while shooting? Wondering how sealed the system is because I have an MCX SBR in the works.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I shoot mine left handed (poor vision in my right), collapsable stock, 8" barrel, Omega 9k suppressor. I get some gas blowback but nothing like some of the folks on other forums complain about. I don't see the issue.

·
Registered
788 Posts
I have an SP5K and a shorty 9mm AR, both registered. My shooting buddy has the smallest of the MPX SBRs, I think the 8" barrel. It does the vast majority of what my carbines do, and it cost a lot less out the door. I've toyed with picking one up myself several times.

·
Registered
29 Posts
A short quiet 9mm rifle is about as much fun as one can have. I have a 9mm SBR AR, but have been strongly considering picking up an MPX pistol to SBR. They're sweet guns.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts