Sig P 938 ...

Discussion in 'Autoloaders' started by joerockhead, Nov 19, 2018.

1. joerockhead

joerockhead "BOURBON" It's not just for Breakfast anymore ! Supporting Addict

Oct 12, 2011
    IMG_2911.JPG IMG_2909.JPG IMG_2906.JPG IMG_2903.JPG IMG_2905.JPG IMG_2907.JPG I got this as part of a trade deal ..
    Sig P 938 Nightmare...
    All in all... it's a pretty decent shooter...
    I'm trying to work up the courage to appendix carry it...lol
    It's pretty " SNAPPY" on the recoil but is accurate and it's a 9mm ..

2. FWoo45

FWoo45 Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2017
    I'm pretty happy with mine. I sent it off to Rob Burke for a flat trigger and some other goodies to make it mine. I didn't like the ambi safety so mine had a strong side only out of a 238. Good little shooters with familiar controls.

boatdoc and joerockhead like this.

3. zipper046

zipper046 Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2013
    These are good little shooters. I had one, but due to my unfortunately XXL hands and a pronounced thumbs-forward grip, I had to trade it off lest I shoot the end of my thumb off, LOL.

Good luck with it!

joerockhead and boatdoc like this.
  4. Ethanol Red

Ethanol Red Make it a double Supporting Addict

Jul 12, 2015
    It’s one of the best small guns ever devised. Light and compact with the shooting characteristics of a mid size.

Fred_G, boatdoc and FWoo45 like this.
  5. Dallas Knight

Dallas Knight Max Otto von Stierlitz

Jun 22, 2015
    What’s it “born on” date? You might want to check if it’s got the latest main spring housing design (Gen 2) and proper strength magazine release spring. Those are two changes Sig has made to that model over the last couple of years. While Sig didn’t issue official recall notices, I believe they will perform the upgrades w/o cost to you. Call their customer service.... especially if you plan to conceal carry with it. You can also search the Sig forum for pics of the old and new style MSH design.

I’ve got the ‘9mm Short’ version (aka, 380ACP) of that pistol, the P238. They’re good cc pieces.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2018
    FWoo45 likes this.
  6. joerockhead

Oct 12, 2011

Ill look into that... Thanks for the " Heads-Up" !!!

7. boatdoc

boatdoc Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2015
    I like mine for pocket carry. I had to give up plastic guns for a while due to my injury and bout this gem to replace them.

once caveat--NEVER, EVER--even accidentally push the thumb safety UP when field stripping and cleaning.. the detent spring and cap launch an dget lost. otherwise it is a great pick up

enjoy

8. joerockhead

Oct 12, 2011

LOL..
    Funny you say that... When I first got it I did just that ...Luckily for me... the spring shot straight up ..hit the ceiling and landed on top of my head... good thing I still have some hair there !!!!

boatdoc likes this.
  9. Ethanol Red

Ethanol Red Make it a double Supporting Addict

Jul 12, 2015
    That’s news to me. Thanks for the heads up!

boatdoc likes this.
  10. azguy1911

azguy1911 Screw it, I'm buying more 1911's

Oct 22, 2015
    I carry mine in a stow-n-go at 4:00, it's invisible and comfortable ;)

boatdoc likes this.
  11. Dallas Knight

Dallas Knight Max Otto von Stierlitz

Jun 22, 2015
    Speaking of springs going missing, you may want to order a spare ‘Slide Stop Spring’. That’s the little bent wire that rests under the Slide Stop pin. The bend angles in that spring are fairly critical and if it ever drops out when field stripping, it’s easy to loose (especially at the range). So it wouldn’t hurt to have one in reserve.

Harleyvato, joerockhead and boatdoc like this.
  12. boatdoc

boatdoc Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2015
    I was able to get the spring but the cap is ? not sure where. Sig CS gave me replacements.

13. tnhawk

tnhawk Member

Jun 13, 2014
    It took a few trips to the range for me to like the 938. It's become one of my best pocket guns.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted