1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have one or shot one? Your thoughts? Thinking about picking up a target model. I have read pretty much nothing but great reviews. I know it only has 8 round mags, but I don't care.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, will just be a range gun for me. Don't plan on carrying, so I'm leaning towards the target model.

·
i'm riding a turtle!
3,232 Posts
@FredZ has a nice one that I’ve shot and it is a sweet gun. I just bought one from Cajun Concealed on this forum and it ships today. It’s the target model

·
Registered
381 Posts
Thinking real hard about it. I handled one. At the time a dot mount was out of the question. Now they have some better ones. My wife took over my Dan Wesson PM-9.
Price has come down some too.
David

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
I have the Target, I have not handled the standard. Mine is great, I have not had any of the problems described on the Sig forum. I bought standard grips and carry it sometimes.

I am guessing some of those concerns on the Sig forum are legitimate, others are hyped, and a lot of it is in the way the thread asked the question. If you posted a thread on this forum asking, "Who is having problems with a Les Baer" [or a Wilson, Guncrafter, etc.] there would be enough responses to make them all sound bad.

German gun owners always think the German versions are better than the US made versions (funny how they get Teutonic all of a sudden, like BMW owners), so I am guessing there is some of that going on with the Sig folks.

·
Registered
381 Posts
WAIT! I ride a BMW! :) I also shot an Anschutz in Sporter rifle.

I looked on the Sig forum to see if anyone has milled the slide. No info. They do have new sight adapters that replace the rear sight. With out a dot it would be a safe queen.

I have a Sig P238. It beats the heck out of the 2 Kimber Micro I have.

Will be looking for a new one in a few months. Need to sell a couple first.

David

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Poor wording. I did not mean to include motorcycles. I had a 1973 R75 myself for many years (and I tried not to be a snob about it).

·
Registered
3,377 Posts
Sig introduced the carry/compact model at SHOT. Lightweight frame. 4” barrel. Should be a nice little pistol. Slimmer grips.

Not saying OP should get that instead of Target or Standard, just FYI.

I personally would like a Standard model with target grips :)

·
Professional Pest, NRA Patron member
2,728 Posts
I have the new target model. No problems so far. I'm a tall woman (5' 14") with appropriately sized hands so the target model size grip fits my hands quite well. I have a good friend that is somewhat (a lot) smaller and she can't manage the target grip.

Reactions: duketbrd88

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Target grips look nice, remind of the nill grips I had on a korth revolver. Look's like nill grips.

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
Milos Klacko here in Florida imports the piece that replaces the rear sight. Think the web site is Armory Craft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 25 Posts