Sig P220 My New Toy

Discussion in 'Autoloaders' started by SkDmRkLcY, Jan 11, 2012.

Tags:
  1. SkDmRkLcY

SkDmRkLcY Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2011
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Picked this up this past Sunday. I put in a bid on an Auction I didn't think I would win... well I did.

I have kind of a love hate relationship with Sig in general, but this is my first P220.

I usually have issues with the slide stop but this one fits my hands a little better than my P226 did.

It has the SRT Trigger installed as well as Sig Night Sights. I was also nicely surprised that it came with 3 mags rather than just 2, as they are not cheap.

I hope to go out with it in the next few weeks. I will have to see how it works out to see if I will keep it or not. I am kinda focusing on my Glocks and had I not got this I was going to get a Glock 21 to go with my 17/19. Who knows variety is the spice of life.

2. John

John Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Oct 7, 2011
    Looks nice! The 220 is appealing to me, though I've never shot one. Let us know how you like it!

3. R0CKETMAN

R0CKETMAN NRA member Supporting Addict

Dec 24, 2011
    Fine pistol. A departure from the Glock for sure.

4. DAT85

DAT85 BIG OL' BALD HAID ! Supporting Addict

Aug 26, 2011
    220's rock!

I just sold a 220 Elite SA model to save up for another LB.I can't honestly say that I won't own another P220

Especially an older W.German model in a blue box. :Cry:

DAT85

5. awpk03s

awpk03s Active Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Congrats. I LOVE a Sig 220. Had one just like that one that I stupidly sold a few years ago.

6. John Ryder

John Ryder Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2011
    I just sold my 220 a few weeks ago and will tell you the ACT/Novak mags work great. They're made in the same place in Italy as factory SIG mags and usually run around $20...http://www.cdnninvestments.com/sig220458rdb.html

7. GM*

GM* ~

Oct 15, 2011
    Congrats and enjoy! The P220 is a good firearm.

8. SkDmRkLcY

SkDmRkLcY Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2011
    That is good to know, this is mostly just a fun gun for me so I am thinking just 1 more for a total of 4.

I normally like to have at least 6ish.

I just felt I should have a Sig.. I like modern combat guns but wanted something not plastic. So I ended up with a Sig. It was either a 220 or a 225 but I had a 225 before so I figured try something new.

9. Sir Guy

Sir Guy Sharpening Ockham's Razor Supporting Addict

Aug 20, 2011
    Nice grab! I've always been impressed with this pistol. :smilie:

Andy

10. Bender

Bender Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 15, 2011
    Very nice score!

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted