Sig P220 ST

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by CHL82, Jul 10, 2020.

1. CHL82

CHL82 Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2019
    Finished up my P220 ST project a couple weeks ago and wanted to share a couple photos. The ST's are phenomenal pistols for the money and are very easily and somewhat cheaply upgraded. I only wish that I would have owned one years ago, but completely dismissed Sig pistols due to the typical complaints of high bore axis, etc.

The following changes have been made since purchasing:

Hogue Pau Ferro stipple pattern grips
    Sig X-Ray 3 night sights
    Armory Craft sport takedown lever
    Grayguns SRT sear with Sig SRT safety lever
    Cylinder and Slide reduced power sear spring
    Sig E2 mainspring assembly with Grayguns 19 lb mainspring

By complete luck I ran across this freshly refurbished CPO pistol on Gunbroker at a BIN price that was far below the going rate of a standard P220R, let alone a nitron finished ST. Less than 90 of the nitron finished ST's were purchased under contract by the New Hampshire Fish and Wildlife department.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 11, 2020
  2. swampgas

swampgas Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Mar 10, 2019
    That's a good looker, and now you have 2 of them? I have to admit Sig Ig as the only one I have is the mystery 10mm TacOps.

CHL82 likes this.

3. CHL82

CHL82 Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2019
    Thanks Ray...the P220 was the second Sig SA/DA pistol that I purchased. The first was a P226 Legion. I've also added picked up a P225 and a NIB P228 recently. Both are 90's era stamped slide German built guns. A stamped slide P220 and P226 are still on the want list.

[​IMG]

cherokee2u likes this.
  4. tiburonaz

tiburonaz Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Apr 10, 2016
    Love the grips!

CHL82 likes this.
  5. swampgas

Mar 10, 2019
    Luke,,,I hate to say it but you've become a Sig ho. And I am a tad green with ho envy. Good hunting on the ones you "need" .

6. swampgas

Mar 10, 2019
  7. CHL82

CHL82 Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2019
    A little bit. Just coming to terms with the fact that I prefer the Sig SA/DA platform over CZ. There's a NIB ST for sale locally if you have any interest in trying one out. Someone has already added Trijicons which is a plus.

https://www.okshooters.com/threads/fs-sig-p220-stainless.294297/

That's pistol was produced long before Sig and Sauer partnered. Unfortunately my knowledge is limited on anything that isn't P series. :frown:

Last edited: Jul 11, 2020
    tiburonaz likes this.
  8. swampgas

Mar 10, 2019
    Yeah, that one could be a gestapo pistol, what with all the eagle/swastika proof marks.

I'm thru branching out of my 1911 comfort zone, I did dabble with the Smith 22 tho.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted