1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking at several pistols recently and just read an article about the Sig P226 Legion SAO. Would appreciate thoughts on this pistol from those who have experience with it.

Thanks much!

·
Money talks but here it only says buh bye!!
439 Posts
Was forced to sell mine about a year and a half ago, and was going to replace it last month until I heard about the staccato C2.

Mine was very accurate, reliable and had an awesome trigger.

Everyone that tried it, loved it and the addict that bought mine, already had one and this was going to be an extra!

Cons for me were that it was a little too big and heavy for CCW and the finish was not all that durable, but SIG has changed it.

I seriously doubt you'll regret picking one up.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
I was just looking at these last night for my brother. He might just get the 226 MK25 and add the SRT trigger.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Was forced to sell mine about a year and a half ago, and was going to replace it last month until I heard about the staccato C2.

Mine was very accurate, reliable and had an awesome trigger.

Everyone that tried it, loved it and the addict that bought mine, already had one and this was going to be an extra!

Cons for me were that it was a little too big and heavy for CCW and the finish was not all that durable, but SIG has changed it.

I seriously doubt you'll regret picking one up.
What did they change on the finish? How did you guys like having the thumb safety on these. Seems awkward to me for a Sig.

·
Registered
4,420 Posts
I am a lefty and wanted a single action 9mm. The ambi ergonomics are perfect. I bought one soon after introduction and love it. Accurate, smooth shooting with a sweet trigger. Love the night sites with the bold ring around the front tritium vial. It is sweet and will be with me to the end.

·
We Are!
3,216 Posts
I have a relative who was able to select this pistol as a duty gun for policework - he’s been very happy with it.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I had one really liked the looks and capacity, you could get mecgar 17 mags that we're almost flush, but once I got some DW 1911's and a cajunized cz it just couldn't keep up with accuracy at all, for me anyways...

·
1911 Pistol Smith
10,417 Posts
I had one and sold it then replaced it less than a year later cause I missed it. The finish in the beginning had some fading issues and there were some complaints about it not being durable. But it was resolved and both of mine has had decent finishes. It is some type of PVD. My first was dead nutz accurate, second one I haven't shot enough.

Going to be upgrading my shop so been considering selling mine again. Maybe 3/4 mags through it. If you think me might have an interest PM me and we'll talk..

·
Premium Member
1,631 Posts
I have the SAO RX version and it is great. Zero regrets

·
Idaho 1911er
910 Posts
I like mine, very accurate, love the trigger. Two negatives I've found are: 1. If you ride the thumb safety like I do on a 1911 my thumb reaches the slide lock and can keep it from locking back on an empty mag. Knowing that I just shoot a thumbs up grip with the Sig. 2. The bar/bolt that connects the two sides of the safety can loosen causing problems. Take it apart, clean it up, Loctite it, and snug it up. So far problem solved.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Thanks for all the great information!!
You can also order that flat trigger and SRT trigger kit and add it to another 226, just so you know. Or, send it in and have it done. Lots of options out there for the sig p226. Grayguns is one of the bigger guys that sells the trigger parts and installs them, from what I have read.

·
Super Moderator
990 Posts

·
1911 Pistol Smith
10,417 Posts
It's been my understanding that a DA/SA gun cannot be converted to an SAO trigger due to frame differences... I could be wrong. But, I am pretty good friends with a Sig fanatic and he has owned about every model they have ever made. We had the discussion one time not all that long ago, and I believe the consensus was still that you can't convert the da/sa to sao Also has something to do with the safety mechanism on a SAO pistol.

·
Super Moderator
990 Posts
I believe you are correct. Not like the CZs that are very easy conversions from DA/SA to SAO

1 - 20 of 43 Posts