1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of upgrading the trigger on a stock Sig P229. Came to me as a dual barrel setup (40/357). Trigger appears untouched.

Are the Grey Guns triggers/linkages still the best choice, or are there other players in the field? Only other company I'm aware or is Armory Craft. Never used their products.

Owned an early Sig Legion - the trigger was considerably better than stock P-series then. Tested a new Legion today alongside a stock P229.....not sure today's Legion stacks up all that well.

Comments appreciated.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I personally put the GG PSAIT in my classic P series Sigs.

That said, trigger performance takes in a lot of other parts - trigger bar, sear, hammer, hammer strut, mainspring. And how they all work together.

My buddy has an old P226, and it has the smoothest trigger I've felt in a classic P series Sig.

·
resident crank
1,979 Posts
I have a friend with a GG trigger in a P320. Trigger crapped out last week in the middle of a match. Dead. GG is sending a replacement for the spring that apparently can cause this failure.

I am way out of my depth on Sigs in general and Grey Gun Triggers in particular, so make of that what you will.

@dmarbell

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Do you want to replace it all yourself or do you want to send it in. If you want to send it in I would recommend. Robert Burke The Sig Armorer and his QTR system. He does not sell the parts.

If you are installing it yourself GG is ok. I used to be a fan but these days Bruce Gray and GG are too close to Sig IMHO.

·
Banned
1,853 Posts
VWsig has it right on the money. Spend a few extra$$ and have Mr. Burke at the Sig Armoer do the QTR system on it and you will never go back to a out of the box Sig. I know. I buy a new sig and it goes off to him before I even fire it. Spoiled. I don't care. He's done 6 of mine. Fast turn around too. Check out the Web site.

·
I gotta have more cowbell
3,488 Posts
Thinking of upgrading the trigger on a stock Sig P229. Came to me as a dual barrel setup (40/357). Trigger appears untouched.

Are the Grey Guns triggers/linkages still the best choice, or are there other players in the field? Only other company I'm aware or is Armory Craft. Never used their products.

Owned an early Sig Legion - the trigger was considerably better than stock P-series then. Tested a new Legion today alongside a stock P229.....not sure today's Legion stacks up all that well.

Comments appreciated.
I thought it was me. I felt the new 226 Legion triggers were not anywhere close to my older Sig 226.

I put a Gray spring kit and short reset trigger/ sear in mine. It was just ok. It didn’t make me say wow.

I agree with the others that said send it in for the work. I believe the polishing work of the entire ignition chain is what will make the biggest difference. That will help get rid of any gritty feel, and minimize sensation of single action trigger creep

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Been a Sig guy for along time, not as long as a 1911 guy,
With that said, Burke's work is very nice.
I'm a Sig Armorer and FWIW polishing does more than anything to make the trigger nice.
Lighter springs only make it feel worse if the adjoining parts are not polished nicely.

Send it to Burke and you'll be pleased . Call him and explain what you want. so he can recommend what to do to it!!

·
Sensei of Humor
45 Posts
I have a friend with a GG trigger in a P320. Trigger crapped out last week in the middle of a match. Dead. GG is sending a replacement for the spring that apparently can cause this failure.@dmarbell
My issue was intermittent and strange. I cleaned the gun before a match (big mistake LOL) and I could tell something was wrong. However, I took it to the IDPA match the next day and it ran fine. I put it in a bag and never thought about it. Next match loaded up and wouldn't fire, at all. GG said it was the trigger bar transfer spring going bad causing intermittent problems. Springs on the way.

Next match not a single hiccough. Next time I shot it was yesterday in training. Not a single blip.

I'll report back after the spring replacement.

I put this trigger in myself in Feb 2017. I never had a problem till a month ago. And everyone who pulls this trigger remarks about how good it is.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts